Sda-1a

Options
derek_murray
derek_murray Posts: 41
edited September 2005 in Troubleshooting
I have a pair of sdas and i do not think i am getting the imageing like alot of people are experiancing and was wondering if there were some tests to find out if they are working properly. :D
Post edited by derek_murray on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hello,
    Yes, there is an SDA check out sheet that I can send. Give me your US Mail address at kswauger@polkaudio.com.
    Regards, Ken
  • derek_murray
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Got the checklist and honestly i might be supid but when i checked it out everything seemed to be okay. But I was really up close and felling the output from the drivers and it seems like one of the tweeters is not working and also one of each of the mid drivers in each of the speakers. seems like one of the tweeters is just bad but not so sure about the mid drivers as the ones that don't work are in the same location on each speaker. Suggestions please. :confused:

derek murray
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Do you have the interconnect cable that runs between the speakers hooked up?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• derek_murray
    edited September 2005
    Options
    yes i have the the interconnect hooked up. it seems like the dimensional tweeter on the left channel is working but not on the right. :confused:
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Swap tweeters and see if the problem follows. If it does then you may have a bad crossover, if the tweeter works then you just have a bad tweeter.

scott
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited September 2005
    Options
    derek,

You say you have a pair of SDAs. Did you just get them and have them shipped to you with the drivers in the cabinets by any chance? If so a couple of drivers may have seized up as they don't always tavel well while mounted in place. (This could happen even if you had to transport them yourself and they couldn't handle the trip.)

For basic starters: As long as you know certain drivers (tweets or mids) are working properly, take one out and replace it with one that is in question. If it works in the new position then it's obviously fine. If it doesn't work where another one works just fine then replace it. If you can't get any working driver to operate in a certain placement then check the wiring to that point.