THANK YOU From All at Polk

kab
kab Posts: 275
edited September 2005 in Gatherings & Special Events
Last week’s turnout was far beyond my expectations. Mark…what can I say? That you agreed to host the event after seeing the effort that Wendi and Troy put into Charleston is surprising enough. That you pulled it off so flawlessly and so graciously is a tribute to your character. All I can say is THANK YOU.

In fact, thank all of you for attending and thank you for giving your time to Polk. That out of the zillion speaker companies, you’ve picked Polk is truly inspiring.

Many of our employees don’t often meet customers. Meeting you and sharing lunch last Friday has increased their pride in the company and their contributions. For them, you’ve put a face on the customer. Knowing that there are people like you that care so much for the products and the heritage of Polk Audio makes us realize just how lucky we are.

See you in Charleston.

Al
Post edited by kab on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited September 2005
    It was a pleasure, and thank you for having us. You guys were certainly gracious hosts
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited September 2005
    Had an absolute blast on the tour as well as the rest of the weekend!
    Thanks to both the folks at Polk and Mark.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Yup, between Mark and the Polk folk....a better time could NOT be had.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited September 2005
    That was a great weekend. Please send my gratitude to all at Polk and Mark for an unforgettable weekend.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited September 2005
    The weekend added much motivation to my interest in audio. I have been on an audio cloud since polkfest! Thanks to everyone involved.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    edited September 2005
    Bravo ladies and gentlemen, BRAVO!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2005
    The feeling is mutual! It was a weekend that won't be forgotten any time soon!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2005
    POLK AUDIO WILL RULE THE WORLD!

Cathy - I need your addy, that CDP had a remote....I'll mail it to you.

dorokusai@comcast.net
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited September 2005
    Still wish i could have been there =(

Well nice job to the organizers and glad everyone enjoyed it!

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2005
    One day I would like to make that trip.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    I will forever be a loyal Polkster.

Due to the familial atmosphere this forum and the Polkfest inspire, I feel I am a part of and have a stake in the company and seeing it succeed and I shall do all in my power to aid in that success.

Amen.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    Al,

It was a real pleasure meeting you.
    It`s people like you that make this hobby more than just a hobby.
    I also have a face (s) to put together with Polk Audio.

Thanks for spending time , and taking with me at Mark`s..
    What can I say about Mark that hasn`t already been said...I am endebted to you both for showing me so much genuine hospitality, and making me feel like part of the Polk Family.
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2005
    dorokusai wrote:
    POLK AUDIO WILL RULE THE WORLD!

Cathy - I need your addy, that CDP had a remote....I'll mail it to you.

dorokusai@comcast.net

Addy sent Mark.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited September 2005
    MacLeod wrote:
    I will forever be a loyal Polkster.
    Due to the familial atmosphere this forum and the Polkfest inspire, I feel I am a part of and have a stake in the company and seeing it succeed and I shall do all in my power to aid in that success.

^^^^
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    No, THANK YOU, Al. As always, the pleasure is all mine. Hope you have recovered from the cold...BTW, you gave it to me, thanks pal (just kidding)

Doro, you rock...
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited September 2005
    kab wrote:
    Many of our employees don’t often meet customers. Meeting you and sharing lunch last Friday has increased their pride in the company and their contributions. For them, you’ve put a face on the customer. Knowing that there are people like you that care so much for the products and the heritage of Polk Audio makes us realize just how lucky we are.

Al

Al,

Some employees I met with thought I was a vendor. When I told them I was only a customer they were still happy. The fact that they took a little time away from their day to say hello was great. Sharing lunch was a super idea. Both seeing and talking with employees was a thrill not soon to be forgotten.

Steve