Niles amps any good?

Options
sickicw
sickicw Posts: 456
edited September 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
anyone know anything about niles amps? I just bought one and it seems to help out my rti speakers pretty good. plus they look good. Please let me know if you have any expericance with em. oh also, this is my first amp to buy, ever. So i really to know what a great amp really sounds like. thanks

PS its the Niles SI-2125 2-channel amp model
Speakers: LSi9 x 2, LSic, LSiFX x 2, Velodyne HGS-15
Amps & Power: Rockford Fosgate T8004 x 3, Cascade Audio APS-55 power supplies x 5, and 1 farad capacitor.
Electronics: Denon 3806, Toshiba HD-A1, & Sony KDL46XBR2
Accessories: Anti-IC interconnects, 8 Mondo Traps from Realtraps, and Salamander furniture.
Post edited by sickicw on

Comments

• unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited September 2005
    Options
    They're generally known for their multichannel full-house systems (ie, 12 channel). I haven't used a 2 channel by them, but I was pretty happy with the Si-1260
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Agreed,
    they are house amps. Not bad amps at all, for inwalls and non demanding speakers, they do a great job. Personaly I like them driving outdoor speakers.

Good luck with the amp

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • wire
    wire Posts: 32
    edited September 2005
    Options
    This off topic
    Unc2701
    I see you use Bryston Amps :) . I m running a 4b and thinking of using a C- 19 tube Pre from Carver , Do you think it is a good match for the Bryston .
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I've never heard that pre... I can say all the tube pre's i've put with the 4b have sounded pretty good- I never got that harsh bad mojo kinda match up. The bryston sound practically defines SS, so if you want something a little warmer, then a Tube pre is a good way to get it. The other nice thing about the bryston is that I don't get the hum that you frequently hear when matching up tube & SS seperates (my Adcom & Dodd you can hear from like 5ft away)...
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i