Speaker Stand ?

VinnyP61
VinnyP61 Posts: 28
edited June 2002 in Speakers
I want to put my Polk F/X300I on stands what would be the right height stands for these thanks...
Post edited by VinnyP61 on

Comments

• dllarkin
    dllarkin Posts: 33
    edited May 2002
    That depends a lot on your seating area...

Tell us a little more about the specifics.

I have my surrounds positioned such that the drivers on the surround speakers are at roughly the same height as on the mains.

David
  • VinnyP61
    VinnyP61 Posts: 28
    edited May 2002
    Ok Thanks

They will be a little behind the sitting area sitting about 3 and half feet off the ground i have the 800 I and CS400 center
    Thanks for the help
  • cruiser3
    cruiser3 Posts: 47
    edited May 2002
    My mains are at ear level and the surrounds are about 6 1/2 feet off the floor and on the wall facing each other.....and about 2 feet behind the listening position. The front main is also set at the same height as the mains. After alot of positioning that set up sounded best for me.
    Onkyo 696 receiver, Panasonic DVD RV31U,Polk RM6600 w/ 350 sub (rti28's 2nd zone), JVC Dual tape deck, MMF-2.1 Turntable, JVC 5010 CD R. ((its simple, its cheap, it works))
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2002
    I found these plant stands at "unfinished furniture".
    They work great. Much better than Sanus stuff.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited May 2002
    Man ,
    if you sit on the right side of the couch you will get blasted .
    I would move the speakers slightly behind the couch facing at each other.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • alex12399
    alex12399 Posts: 14
    edited May 2002
    i would suggest behind your seating area off to the sides. i have mine facing eachother with the main woofer/tweeter facing the walls. i was curious to know how the setup with the 300i's facing front to back vs. side to side sounded. i've never seen this done.
  • keith.wagner
    keith.wagner Posts: 7
    edited June 2002
    I love the Mission plant stand as a speaker stand. I'm looking in to that right now. Thanks for the idea!

Keith
  • Handyhaver
    Handyhaver Posts: 66
    edited June 2002
    I found these corner shelves at homedepot for about $7.50 each.
    They have hidden mounting screws and are very sturdy. Also very spousal friendly
    You can check out any time you like..,
    but you can never leave...........
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited June 2002
    I questioned Polk on this one because the directions are very vague. They responded that the 300"s premium spot is 2-3 feet above the listening positon and approx. 2 feet behind the listener on the wall. I found that 2 feet above the listening position helps sonically when you have effects flying over your head. especially in THX DVD's. In the Mummy, swords are flying right over your head. I liked the sound musically better though at ear level. All in your prefrence and what you use it for most I guess.
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center