Old McIntosh System--Help!!!

Options
BobTexas
BobTexas Posts: 3
edited August 2005 in Troubleshooting
I have the following system (Garrard A70 Turntable, JBL D-130A Woofers, JBL 175-DLH HF Drivers, JBL N-1200 Networks, McIntosh C-11 Preamp, MC-240 Power Amp and MR-67 FM Tuner). Everything worked GREAT in 1997 when I put the system in a closet for storage. When I put everything back together last week, there is no sound. The tubes glow but the tuner does not make a noise and the turntable doesn't turn. I love this old system. How can I begin to troubleshoot and repair it? I am a novice, so no big words please. Thanks, BobTexas.
Post edited by BobTexas on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I wish I could help, cause it really sounds like a very nice rig. Surely someone will have some advice soon.

Good luck
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited August 2005
    Options
    It's hard to say what could be wrong. I would start by double checking all of your connections: inputs /outputs, plug each component into a power strip to make sure each is getting power, check all of the settings on the preamp in relation to the inputs on the back. Make sure the fuses have not blown. Something may turn up that you didn't see. Good luck.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Where in Texas are you?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BobTexas
    BobTexas Posts: 3
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Lewisville (northwest of Dallas)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2005
    Options
    1997 is a good amount of time, might have been a good idea to bring it up slowly on a variac first. If you want to bring some of it over on a Saturday, I'll be happy to bring it up, and have a look at it.

I'm in McKinney.

The table probably needs a new belt. The tuner probably needs the sockets/tube pins cleaned. Hopefully, the amp is o-k, it might need new power supply caps.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2005
    Options
    See, you just can't beat offers like that.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited August 2005
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    See, you just can't beat offers like that.

No kidding, is there a RuSsMaN in the San Diego area :D
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited August 2005
    Options
    McIntosh.

I think i just nutted myself. :eek:
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited August 2005
    Options
    That's what you get for putting it in the closet.
    Make it Funky! :)