2»

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by reeltrouble1
    Maurice,

You must of had a bad tube, they should last much much longer, I had my JJ's on most everday for 4-6 hours for months on end.

RT1

Yeah, I knew it was a bad tube. But I was thinking we both got something from bad runs. These tubes should at least last several years under heavy use. This EH I'm using now is kick **** but still not as good as JJ. Haven't had a problem yet and I leave it on for several days sometimes. I only leave on the heater when going to sleep.

Maurice
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Henry, I re-read the post. Get the 8 OFF the Quicksilver. That preamp is not meant to handle the Voltage the Marantz 8 pulls. No wonder you are going through 6x4's at a record pace.

Those outlets are meant for source control, if nothing else, put the 8 on its own surge protector to give you power on/off switching.

Cheers,
    Russ

I have not lost a 6X4 for a long time. The pair I lost was a couple months after you sent it to me. The same pair of 6X4's have been in there ever since. I was very carefull when I plugged the 8 into the QS but have seen no sign of stress in the QS whats so ever.

I do think your assertion is correct which is why I'm planning a dedicated outlet for my rig. I also want to get into some additional voltage stabalizers and filters. Big plans ahead.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***