Need advice on a killer 2 channel amp / $2500 budget)

Options
2»

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Thanks guys, but at that price I'll just wait till I have the grand or so to get the ASL AQ1003 DT integrated amp and not have to worry with the buffer.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,002
    edited July 2005
    Options
    ezc. Thanks for all the great info. I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger & order the Jolida 502b integrated tube amp w/ the Underwood hi-fi mod package. Delivered will set me back about $1645. According to Wally from Underwood this unit w/ the mod package will absolutely blow me away, expect goose bumps. It can be used in both HT & 2 channel. It will take my HT to a new level & really put my 2 channel over the top. I'm excited & can't wait. If it's anything like you describe your rig I'll be very happy.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Congrats, man! I bet you'll be all smiles when you get that thing hooked up! Let us know how it sounds (and post pics!!)!

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Congrats! You may have to give them some burn in time. When I first hooked up my Jolida hybrid integrated, it was HORRIBLE!, but it literally started sounding better with each passing minute. I swear I could tell it as it was happening.
  • ezc
    ezc Posts: 426
    edited July 2005
    Options
    pearsall001 Your welcome! I have had great help & advice in this forum, Glad I could give some help back! Please post once you have your Jolida 502b in your system. I can only guess that the improvment will be great & will blow you away.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,002
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Yo guys!!! I ordered the Jolida 502b w/ the mod package. Man oh man I can't wait. Wll be delivered next week. Will post back once she's up & running. Man now I need a cold beer to calm down (make that a few)
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Congrats on your new piece, never heard that integrated but the Jolida gear I have seen and heard has been very very good.

Enjoy!!

RT1