HDMI/DVI Cable

Options
mark g. nelson
mark g. nelson Posts: 134
edited July 2005 in Electronics
I just picked up a 52" JVC HDILA and I have ordered a 811 receiver from Dish Network. I will need a HDMI/DVI cable for it. Is Monster the best way to go or is their a better choice out their. AT $150 for the monster 4M I do not want to do this twice. Thanks
Post edited by mark g. nelson on

Comments

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2005
    Options
    don't support monster.....check www.ac4l.com for cables
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Monster makes a decent step up from the buttom of the barrel but their pricing is a touch out of whack for what you get and they're marketing is evil.

Look around a bit a do some google searches. You'll find some better options. Another general rule: the longer your cable is, the more important quality becomes.

I think you can do much better than $150 for that level of cable.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Check computer stores like Microcenter. "Digital" connections don't have to be expensive.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Does it have to be a 4m cable? I have several DVI cables that were part of computer monitors that were never used if that'd work, but they're like 5-6 feet.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by mark g. nelson
    At $150 for the monster 4M I do not want to do this twice. Thanks

You can do this three times for the price of one Monster cable with the same or better results.

Blue Jeans Price List

No BS Cable Info
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Thanks guys for the help . I thought there had to be a better way .

Brett,
    Yes it does need to be 4m. I am going to put my receiver in the AV rack. My CS1000p Takes all the space in my TV Stand. So the long cable it is. Thank You very much for the offer.

The forum is still the best place for honest advice. Thanks
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by mark g. nelson
    I just picked up a 52" JVC HDILA and I have ordered a 811 receiver from Dish Network. I will need a HDMI/DVI cable for it. Is Monster the best way to go or is their a better choice out their. AT $150 for the monster 4M I do not want to do this twice. Thanks

Mark, how do you like that JVC? Any problems with it? Where did you buy it?
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Mark,

I am using a 50ft Key digital HDMI cable with a DVI to HDMI converter. Eventually the dish boxes will go HDMI, I recommend not going with a cable that is set with this configuration. My 811 looks great with a converter and this cable. I have a 62" Mitsubishi DLP with no signal loss. I bought mine from http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/cables/kdhdmi.asp
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Mark - what stand are you using for your TV? I'm looking at getting a big screen between now and Christmas, and I'm very limited to which stands I can use with the CS1000p (I'm sure you also went through this).
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Cobalt Cables has an excelent DVI cable . I replaced my Monster DVI with one and even my girlfriend noticed the difference in PQ. They don't have an HDMI yet though. I wish they did.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.