FT Audio LW1 passive preamp

Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited June 2002 in 2 Channel Audio
For those of you with an interest in passive preamps (umm, that's you BDT), check out this review. Pretty interesting piece.

FT Audio LW1 Passive Preamplifier

Aaron
Post edited by Aaron on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    don't you have some demoing to go out and do? since you don't have a job and all yet? :D
  • Aaron
    edited June 2002
    Hahah. I really doubt it would be worth my time until I get new speakers. Then I can try to find a matching amp/preamp combo. I think that's going to be a big pain in the butt, but I'm sure I'll have lots 'o fun.

Aaron
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2002
    cool review......like I said, if your needs are simple, a passive is a great option.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2002
    One point, not that anyone but myself and maybe Russ cares, that was brought out in the review and something I've been listening for the last few hrs in the man cave is the quality of the recordings. What is on the disc is what you get, no more, no less...

I've got a few cd's that were downloaded off the internet as well as some cd's that were poorly recorded (Eric Clapton).....a passive pre will do nothing for them. A solid case is a copy of the Cult's "Fire Woman". I've got the orginal cd and it is great but the burned copy I have is damn near unlistenable on the mancave rig...

Just thought I'd share...

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Aaron
    edited June 2002
    no more, no less...
    OK, Yoda. :D

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2002
    My only beef is that if you have in-effcient speaks, and possibly a low(er) voltage source, you may not get the juice you want....

But as far as audio purity, and non-coloration, you gotta (mantis, this one's for you) test it at the minimum, to see if it floats your boat....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.