Carver Amazing Replacement Woofer Info

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,804
edited June 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Since a number of folks here have either the Carver Original Amazings or the Carver Platinum Amazings I thought I'd post this very helpful info on woofer refoam and OEM replacements.

If you want/need to have your woofers refoamed, contact Roland at:

HiTech Audo
2125 SW 19th St.
Gresham, OR 97080
1-503-618-7605

He also repairs all Carver amps, etc. with OEM parts. Very nice and helpful gentleman.

If you want to buy brand new OEM drop in replacement woofers, contact http://www.dynavox.com/

Click on products, then 12" woofer. The replacement for the Original woofer is Part # SW-1220FL and the replacement for the Platinum woofer is Part # WP-1220. These are the exact same as the ones that came with your Amazings and they only cost $25.00 each.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Wow, Those for the original look like the original. Does he build them? I bookmaked the page for sure!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,804
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Dynavox makes and sells the new ones, HiTech Audio just does the refoam.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Wow, only $25 each for a new one, that seems awfully low for a Carver replacement woofer. I wish Polk sold replacement drivers for that, then I could replace all my drivers if I wanted too.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Great link, I may buy a couple for an open baffle project anyway.

Dynavox, that's suprising - isn't that pretty much Dynaudio's OEM / raw driver brand?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2005
    Options
    You can't even buy a refoam kit for $25.