DS7200 questions....

Options
LiquidSound
LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
edited May 2002 in Troubleshooting
I personally don't have a DS7200, but that will be remedied shortly.
Can you find any weaknesses in it? The only one I can find *without actually owning one* is that it doesn't have a customizable equalizer setting. Would this be a substantial problem?

Also, what is TOO big of a room for the system to preform adequately?
Two Channel Main
Receiver - VSX-54TX
Mains - Csi40's
Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
Post edited by LiquidSound on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. I don't believe not having a built-in EQ in the DS7200 is anything to be concerned with. You can, after all, adjust the bass levels coming from the sub-woofer to make changes in the bass levels (one thing EQs are often used for). We tailored the electronics, of the system, to match the characteristics of all of the speakers perfectly. We also developed special digital filtering to optimize the performance of the speakers, doing any necessary filtering in the digital domain instead of after it has been converted to an analogue signal. My point, in all of this, is that there is no need to use an EQ to correct any frequency response problems, we have already made sure the speakers and electronics are carefully matched. If you follow our recommendations on speaker placement and use the easy to follow setup instructions it is a superb sounding system that is extremely "owner friendly". Enjoy!
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • LiquidSound
    edited May 2002
    Options
    You guys never cease to amaze me.
    By the way...is the dvd player that comes with the ds7200 progressive scan?
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm glad my response was helpful. To answer your second question, no the DP-1 is not a progressive scan DVD player. However, it does use very high quality Burr Brown digital-to-analogue converter integrated circuits and a carefully designed analogue section. A great deal of effort was spent to make sure the picture quality and sound realism were typical Polk quality. In other words, it looks and sounds great!
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • LiquidSound
    edited May 2002
    Options
    It sounds like you guys really put some time and effort into making this a high quality system.

Would it be possible, and what type of results do you believe you'd get if you used two of the DS7200 systems with the one dvd player?
    Can you see any advantages or disadvantages in taking this approach?
    Do you think you could use even a third DS7200 system in the mix without sacrificing sound quality?

Thanks for answering my novice/numerous questions. :D
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Hello,
    While there probably wouldn't be any problem feeding an audio and video signal from a DVD player into more than one DS7200, I'm not sure anything would be benefited. The goal of any good quality home theater system is to try and duplicate, as closely as possible, the sound system arrangement of the sound engineer who is producing the movie's sound track. This way you will experience the same image positioning and localization that the engineer wanted you to experience. By placing your five audio channels in the recommended locations, exercising a moderate amount of care in placement, you can have amazing results with a single DS7200.
    Regards, Ken
  • LiquidSound
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I'm sure you can have excellent results from just one DS7200 system, but wouldn't two or three of them be a much stronger system? Perhaps adding more punch and overall presence? I know the second subwoofer will definitely add more presence.

the way I look at it..is if you've got a good thing going...why not stick with it and add another?

Does anyone else out there have an opinion on this? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I think by the time you drop the coin for 2 or 3 DS7200 systems you could be into much better gear, better amps, better source, better speakers.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.