amp question

vicentre
vicentre Posts: 23
edited May 2002 in Electronics
i just bought a Parasound HCA-855 amp but it doesn't have an auto on feature. Is it wise to adapt its 3 prong power connector to my H/K 320 switched power receptacle? Should i just leave the amp on 24/7? i also recently purchased a universal touchscreen remote and it would suck to still have to get up and turn on the amp.:)
Home Theater Man Cave

Display-Samsung PN60E550 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR809 | Sources-OPPO BDP-103, PS3, Apple TV | Speakers-PolkAudio; mains-RTiA7, center-CSiA6, surrounds-RTi70, back surrounds-RTi38 | Sub-SVS PB-1000 | Sennheiser HD-650 headphones | Schiit Audio Vahalla Headphone Amp | Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable | Musical Fidelity V-LPS Mk II Phono Amp with upgraded power supply | Monster MP HTS 1600 power center
Post edited by vicentre on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    Don't plug the amp into your receiver. Those outlets are for low-power devices like CD players and such. Leaving the amp on all the time isn't a problem, but your best bet would be to pick up a power conditioner like a Monster Power unit which has the auto power-on feature (plus you get could protection and filtration for your gear).

Aaron
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2002
    i seccond the monster power unit i have the 3500 and it turns on and off my sub anp and rear suround amp works great also has a delayed on so you dint have massave power draw if you have 2 big amps
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited May 2002
    on my amp the manufactor aragon recomends that you dont plug the amp into power condishioners, just straight into the power reseptacle. i dont know if it is for all amps though, check your manufactor to see.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.