Sub Grille Options

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited April 2005 in Custom Fabrication
I just picked up a GNX104 for 25 bucks at FRY's. I was gonna get one of those generic waffle grilles, never mind that they kinda hide the beauty of the subs,I just cant risk not having any grille, but then I remembered reading from a thread a while back that these generic waffles aren't perfect in fitting in some manner. It was more than the screws, I think it kinda hits the speaker or the cone or something....

Are all Waffle Grilles like this? In any case, can I use the grille for the later Polk-Momo models on my GNX104? If not those how about the ones for the Kicker CompVR10? (I know, the gaping hole in the center might be illogical to some, but its better than nothing).
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2004
    the problem with some waffle grilles is that they tend to be quite shallow, and the sub hits the grille. the momo one might fight, check the hole-hole diameter (if listed, if not, call polk). the kicker ones could work too, check the same diameter and how deep they are; i.e. can the sub go to max excursion without hitting it (call them for this info, if its not on the site).
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    i would imagine the waffles would work...i mean gnx's arent known for their awesome x-max capabilities...but i dunno
    grilles are usually pretty generic as far as subs go...most of the time a kicker grill will fit any other sub and a polk grill will fit any other sub...
    most of the time...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • HyperSprite
    HyperSprite Posts: 5
    edited April 2005
    I know this is old but here is the GNX104 with the Polk grill

DSC01413.jpg

I think it works pretty well on there. The only hard part to swallow was I got the sub for $20 and the grill cost me another 20. Seems a bit silly, but it looks cool.

Chris
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    Man I love that color you chose for your box.

Exactly what color is that? It looks sharp as hell with that sub.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • HyperSprite
    HyperSprite Posts: 5
    edited April 2005
    It's the Pikes Peak White for the 350Z, I had this local auto paint shop mix it up for me (two parts, white and pearl) and pump it into spray cans. Here is another shot from further away, although the color looks more blue here because of the florescent lights in the garage.

DSC01412.jpg

Chris
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    That looks sharp as hell bro. If I 'glass me a box Im defintely gonna try to get some of that. I rekon any reputable body shop should be able to hook me up.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D