Ep2............the Book

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
edited May 2002 in Music & Movies
I started reading it last night.The book is great.So much info into the story.
I won't spoil anything for you guys here.
But I WILL TELL YOU THIS, iTS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A MOVIE.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I can't believe you're spoiling the movie by reading the book! That's terrible. That's like kids who try to figure out what their parents got them for Christmas by snooping around the house.

Aaron
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    Options
    my friend reads the book for almost every movie that has one before he goes to see it. i want to be suprised and anticipating the next scene for my $8, not wondering if they will pull this off or thinking to myself 'that wasn't in the book'...
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I'm not a fan of reaing before but I couldn't wait anymore the book was calling to me..........It said.........Dan you must read me......in here you will find the answers................I said .......yes my master............
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Reading further into the story,
    Its nice because I know things about ................then I did before reading.I wonder if they will go that deep in the movie??
    Dan
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2002
    Options
    As much as I love a great movie, I have yet to see one that lives up to a well written book. Jurassic Park is a great example. I like the movie but the book is so much more intense and scary. There are many more examples I could cite. Sometimes I will read a book and then go see the movie because of the book and sometimes it is the other way around. I guess that the book can go deeper into the subject and does not have time constraints like a movie.

Can anyone think of a movie that is based on a previously written book that is better? I phrased the question this way because there are several books that have been written from a screenplay or after the fact from a popular movie. I don't even waste my time on those.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited May 2002
    Options
    no, i read lonesome dove before the tv movie series came out and the book is so much better, it was hard to watch it on tv.
    i havent seen a movie that was better than the book yet , i guess there out there.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    I'm not a fan of reaing before but I couldn't wait anymore the book was calling to me..........It said.........Dan you must read me......in here you will find the answers................I said .......yes my master............

dan, it was your destiny....:D