Old Time Prices.

OleBoot
OleBoot Posts: 2,627
edited August 3 in The Clubhouse
I stumbled across this while looking for an old email. It's an order confirmation for what was then a reasonably esoteric piece of equipment. It went up in smoke (literally) maybe two years later and was unsavable. Anybody else got some old pricing examples?

ffnoplgba6je.png
Post edited by OleBoot on

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,586
    All y'all've seen my Model 7A (demos) receipt from Soundscape. A proudly retained relic. The receipt that is, not the loudspeakers -- they're not relics, at least in my estimation.

7959aoafhtjl.png
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    Nice nostalgia @mhardy6647. What is the current tax rate for that area now? Looks like it was only 5% at the time.

I miss 2016-2020's effective tax rate and goods/services prices myself.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    I keep a bunch of trivial stuff like this. I'll have to dig through my old tub 'nostalgia, and see what I have in there. A few things come to mind.
    I disabled signatures.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    msg wrote: »
    I keep a bunch of trivial stuff like this. I'll have to dig through my old tub 'nostalgia, and see what I have in there. A few things come to mind.

Most of the prices weren't trivial to me at the time !!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,586
    xschop wrote: »
    Nice nostalgia @mhardy6647. What is the current tax rate for that area now? Looks like it was only 5% at the time.

I don't know what it is now :# More than 5%.
    Where we live now, it's zero percent. B)
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,077
    FWIW, the sales tax rate here in Charm City is 6%
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,576
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »

I don't know what it is now :# More than 5%.
    Where we live now, it's zero percent. B)

NH is the go to state to shop for us in Maine. We go to Portsmouth 4 times a year to buy clothes electronics appliances. It's worth the 1+ hour ride & we usually make a day event & stop at the Kittery Trading Post / York Animal Park. Sometimes we stop at the Liquor Store as well
  • msg
    Did you just allude to bootlegging there, Bandit?
    I disabled signatures.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,732
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    FWIW, the sales tax rate here in Charm City is 6%

10.2 here...😕
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,109
    I saved myself $635.00 in taxes when I bought my Mcintosh amps in NH as opposed to here in Ct. 5 years ago. That was well worth the 2 hour trip to Nashua.
    Gas used to be cheaper in NH but now is about the same price as here in Ct. I have heard cigs and liquor are still a lot cheaper.
    Also Ct's fireworks are pale in comparison to the good stuff that the granite state has. In 2008 I brought home several hundred $ worth of the good stuff and I had by far the best display around. I swore if I made it through that 4th without getting arrested I'd never bring any more back. Thankfully I didn't get pinched and that was the last of the illegal NH fireworks here.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,077
    ld757xxqvcza.jpg

AND you got free steak knives!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,883
    Along with a vehicle check...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • boston1450
    edited August 6
    Remember pulling into a gas station. Full service. Washed the windows. Checked the oil. Added air to the tires. That was service. I remember the paper oil cans with tin top/bottom & the spout they jab'd into it top & poured it into the oil fill. Gas was so cheap we didn't even pay attn to the price EDIT well I was only 8 lol
  • boston1450
    ld757xxqvcza.jpg

I don't recall any self serve up here in the 70's. We were always last.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,883
    The last time I was up north? They wanted almost $5 or $6 a gallon and I was not allowed to pump my own gas.

I drove to a different state to fill up. That was bonkers to me. No service.....this was just to fill your tank.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    In '91 petro was $1.15 here stateside. When I went on a desert vacation to Saudi Arabia, it was $0.11
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • msg
    Yeah, these days I don't think I'd trust anyone to put my gas cap back on, let alone fuel it. It'd be like some version of
    w6iyzv9wrccv.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,222

z2bdsddigq5p.png
    190I Illinois Pocket Watch Philadelphia Open Case,Model 6, grade 51, 18s, gold filled with 15 jewels
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA