New Sunroom at Verb's House!

Options
124»

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,586
    Options
    Whatever happened to Verb? I see last active in December of 2022.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,326
    edited June 20
    Options
    I think someone asked this a few months ago. I think the answer was basically he was bored with the forum since he didn't have any projects to post on. Or maybe he retired and doesn't sit at a computer all the time? Or some combination...
    Post edited by billbillw on
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,243
    Options
    Ouch. I would venture a guess he got tired of the haters calling him out for posting the projects you speak of. Maybe not, he was pretty chill. Sometimes life just gets in the way.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,986
    Options
    Ya'll didn't get the invite to the 4th of July bash at his new place??
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,749
    Options
    He moved? He did all that work and moved as soon as it was done? Why?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,326
    Options
    I sensed a bit of sarcasm in Kevhed's post...
    or maybe he knows something we don't...
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • kevhed72
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    Maybe a smidge but he seems like a good guy and the last thing this forum needs is to loose more members IMO.

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,021
    Options
    I always enjoyed his posts.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,392
    Options

No, I'll be showing up, mainly for the complimentary snacks and beverages. 👍
    I'll be bringing cherry bombs, M80's, and Silver Salutes so you might eant to bring some ear plugs

....and safety glasses.
    🥸💥🎆
    Sal Palooza
  • kevhed72
    Options

No, I'll be showing up, mainly for the complimentary snacks and beverages. 👍
    I'll be bringing cherry bombs, M80's, and Silver Salutes so you might eant to bring some ear plugs

....and safety glasses.
    🥸💥🎆
    Where would one procure the fabled Silver Salutes nowadays....fond memories as a kids when my buddy's Dad would get rip roaring drunk and break them out on the 4th every year.

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 742
    edited June 22
    Options
    [quote=
    🥸💥🎆[/quote]
    Where would one procure the fabled Silver Salutes nowadays....fond memories as a kids when my buddy's Dad would get rip roaring drunk and break them out on the 4th every year.

[/quote]

Shelton Fireworks in SC.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    Correction you'll fine Silver Salutes at Phantom Fireworks.(not Shelton FW)
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,392
    edited June 22
    Options
    Just curious: are those REAL bonafide Silver Salutes or some wanna-be faux imitations ?
    I think to get real ones you have to have sort of Federal/State License because they contain more than xx grams of powder

Curious as I lost my Salutes overboard in a boating accident along with some other things.

Yeah, it was a real shame. 😢
    Sal Palooza
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    Just curious: are those REAL bonafide Silver Salutes or some wanna-be faux imitations ?
    I think to get real ones you have to have sort of Federal/State License because they contain more than xx grams of powder

Curious as I lost my Salutes overboard in a boating accident along with some other things.

Yeah, it was a real shame. 😢

I'm not sure. I checked the box mine came in last night when I got home from work and didn't see any mentioning of how any grams of powder that were packing.