New Sunroom at Verb's House!

124»

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,598
    Whatever happened to Verb? I see last active in December of 2022.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    edited June 20
    I think someone asked this a few months ago. I think the answer was basically he was bored with the forum since he didn't have any projects to post on. Or maybe he retired and doesn't sit at a computer all the time? Or some combination...
    Post edited by billbillw on
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    Ouch. I would venture a guess he got tired of the haters calling him out for posting the projects you speak of. Maybe not, he was pretty chill. Sometimes life just gets in the way.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,032
    Ya'll didn't get the invite to the 4th of July bash at his new place??
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,803
    He moved? He did all that work and moved as soon as it was done? Why?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    I sensed a bit of sarcasm in Kevhed's post...
    or maybe he knows something we don't...
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • kevhed72
    billbillw wrote: »
    Maybe a smidge but he seems like a good guy and the last thing this forum needs is to loose more members IMO.

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,026
    I always enjoyed his posts.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620

No, I'll be showing up, mainly for the complimentary snacks and beverages. 👍
    I'll be bringing cherry bombs, M80's, and Silver Salutes so you might eant to bring some ear plugs

....and safety glasses.
    🥸💥🎆
    Sal Palooza
  • kevhed72

No, I'll be showing up, mainly for the complimentary snacks and beverages. 👍
    I'll be bringing cherry bombs, M80's, and Silver Salutes so you might eant to bring some ear plugs

....and safety glasses.
    🥸💥🎆
    Where would one procure the fabled Silver Salutes nowadays....fond memories as a kids when my buddy's Dad would get rip roaring drunk and break them out on the 4th every year.

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 781
    edited June 22
    [quote=
    🥸💥🎆[/quote]
    Where would one procure the fabled Silver Salutes nowadays....fond memories as a kids when my buddy's Dad would get rip roaring drunk and break them out on the 4th every year.

[/quote]

Shelton Fireworks in SC.
    2ch rig: Speakers: Magnepan LRS w/Magna Riser stands Preamplifier: Parasound P5 Amplifier: Parasound A23 CDP: Pioneer DV-563A Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Standby: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
  • HzTweaker
    Correction you'll fine Silver Salutes at Phantom Fireworks.(not Shelton FW)
    2ch rig: Speakers: Magnepan LRS w/Magna Riser stands Preamplifier: Parasound P5 Amplifier: Parasound A23 CDP: Pioneer DV-563A Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620
    edited June 22
    Just curious: are those REAL bonafide Silver Salutes or some wanna-be faux imitations ?
    I think to get real ones you have to have sort of Federal/State License because they contain more than xx grams of powder

Curious as I lost my Salutes overboard in a boating accident along with some other things.

Yeah, it was a real shame. 😢
    Sal Palooza
  • HzTweaker
    Just curious: are those REAL bonafide Silver Salutes or some wanna-be faux imitations ?
    I think to get real ones you have to have sort of Federal/State License because they contain more than xx grams of powder

Curious as I lost my Salutes overboard in a boating accident along with some other things.

Yeah, it was a real shame. 😢

I'm not sure. I checked the box mine came in last night when I got home from work and didn't see any mentioning of how any grams of powder that were packing.