RTA 12 (12A/ first version) top hat/ cover support

Hi all,

Attached are pictures of the top hat/ cover that support the four corners from the inside. For a pair of speakers; there are a total of 8.

I recently acquired a pair of the RTA 12 (version 1 or the 12As); of the 8, 7 supports are missing. Does anyone know where to get these? Found nothing on eBay. Maybe there is a specific term for these?

I’ll probably DIY these from PVC pipes but thought I’d check with the forum members here. Thank you zyrjpm4saj8i.jpeg
9c2qjaqd7vct.jpeg
0r3wd8ktqb1n.jpeg

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,130
    I don't know where to get replacements. :'(

I have a set like yours.

Worst damn design.

If I bump a corner... :s , It comes undone and maybe another follows. I've replaced the screws with bigger ones but the top rod sits on such a small rim, it begs to court gravity.

Maybe I'll superglue an inner rim on these corners. ;)

Maybe I'll zip-tie the top rod to those corner supports someday. I don't think the raised cloth over the ties will be that bad. It'd be better than a collapse with the slightest bumps.

Maybe a replica of these corners could be made out of wood. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • LordAragorn
    LordAragorn Posts: 36
    Tony M wrote: »
    I don't know where to get replacements. :'(

I have a set like yours.

Worst damn design.

If I bump a corner... :s , It comes undone and maybe another follows. I've replaced the screws with bigger ones but the top rod sits on such a small rim, it begs to court gravity.

Maybe I'll superglue an inner rim on these corners. ;)

Maybe I'll zip-tie the top rod to those corner supports someday. I don't think the raised cloth over the ties will be that bad. It'd be better than a collapse with the slightest bumps.

Maybe a replica of these corners could be made out of wood. :)

Actually I like the idea of a wooden support. It will probably provide friction better than PVC. Thank you. Still hoping I find replacements LOL
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,391
    Specifically made for Polk at the time. You could have one scanned and then have some 3D printed, but that will not be cheap.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• LordAragorn
    F1nut wrote: »
    Specifically made for Polk at the time. You could have one scanned and then have some 3D printed, but that will not be cheap.

Thank you; 3D printing is a good suggestion. Our local library has 3D printers and residents can print @ $0.20 per gram. The key is to find an iPhone compatible with the printer and scan it. I suspect the 3D printed support will be a lot heavier than the original. Appreciate the good suggestion. These are keepers so it maybe worth it.
  • LordAragorn
    Hope the admins won’t mind me bumping this thread to see if anyone has the top hats for RTA 12 originals.