Lone Star Audio Fest - June 7, 8 & 9, 2024

Join us for Lone Star Audio Fest at the Embassy Suites Galleria Dallas TX USA. The fun will happen June 7, 8 & 9, 2024 for more details see the show's website: https://lonestaraudiofest.com/

LSAF is a lower key show when compared to the recent SWAF and AXPONA. LSAF's #1 emphasis is the comradery of our audiophile tribe. With dozens rather than hundreds of exhibitors attendees have the luxury of lingering in the demo rooms getting to know both the systems and exhibitors. At LSAF exhibitors include state-of-the-art offerings, high performance to cost gear, bespoke custom artisan pieces, and even some DIY and prototypes round out the mix. LSAF is so friendly and approachable we often include not-for-sale rooms with music lovers setting up systems just to hang out and enjoy a weekend listening and sharing adult beverages with fellow HiFi geeks.

Here are few exhibitors to seed this LSAF 2024 thread, more to come.

Uilleam Audio https://uilleamaudio.com/ - Those who follow GR Research's adventures already know Michael Lundy of Uilleam Audio as the go-to source for custom speaker enclosures. For his LSAF 2024 exhibit Michael plans a demo system including NX-Studio studio monitor from GR-Research atop custom open baffle servo-subs.

Miller Audio LLC https://milleraudiollc.com/ will demo his new production ST-70 tube amps featuring upgraded front end electronics, parts quality, and power supplies. Not your fathers' ST-70! Those tube watts will be driving speakers from PureArtFi https://pureartfi.com/ and Audio Crafters Guild https://audiocraftersguild.com/.

For exotica do not miss Infego Audio https://infigoaudio.com/, this year Calvin Johnson plans to use Gato speakers to showcase the SOTA capabilities of Infego.

Last (for now) but hardly least LSAF founder Wayne Parham will be showing his Pi Speakers https://pispeakers.com/ that always offer big fun from big speakers.

Event Address
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria
14021 Noel Road
Dallas, Texas 75240 USA

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,896
    Getting close to that time and my birthday is that weekend.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Digital cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2 bnc, Tellurium Q aes, Silnote Audio Poseidon Signature 2 bnc
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,870
    Happy (early) B-Day, Marv. I would love to come down and celebrate it with you and join in on the fun at this year's LSAF but this one is not in the cards for me this go around.

*sigh*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • marvda1
    edited May 10
    Don't forget Skip Fest in October, and don't forget to save up for the Southwest Audio Fest 2025.
    They added more rooms, so it is growing.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Interconnects: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Digital cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2 bnc, Tellurium Q aes, Silnote Audio Poseidon Signature 2 bnc
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,185
    To anyone who is going: When are you going? I’m trying to decide whether to come Friday or Saturday. I’d like to come Friday night and stay Saturday, but that’s probably not going to happen.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,696
    I’m planning to arrive noonish Saturday and leave Sunday afternoon.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • marvda1
    I will spend the night Friday, then decide if I want to stay Staturday.
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    I was planning to arrive between 12-1 Saturday and leaving Saturday night, but since the Mavs play Saturday night…not so sure anymore.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tratliff
    edited June 4
    Yeah based on mavs schedule I will not be staying over night. Will arrive early afternoon and leave 7’ish.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • PSOVLSK
    Mavs next game is Sunday.
  • treitz3
    Anyone there?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • PSOVLSK
    Only a few Polkies were there and there were only 8-10 rooms. I had a good time, but it was very low key this year.
  • treitz3
    Yeah, I read why this afternoon. Sad. I'll be talking with some folks to make next year's event better. I don't feel so bad I missed it this year now...

Rumor is, it will be in Austin next year. Hmmmm. We shall see.

Tom
  • treitz3
    8 distributors/Rooms were there.

Sad. I spoke to many people who were there/not there. It was sad. Wayne either needs to speak up or get lost. He bombed this event, period.

Tom
  • tratliff
    It was not really worth my 100 mile round trip. But seeing Skip, Marvin and Paul are always a treat. Sad when compared to previous years.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    What happened this year?
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Basically, it wasn't advertised and talked up like it usually is. Wayne, the guy who created it, took it back over from Stephen (sp?) Solazzo and I am guessing that he didn't do the same things.

Many folks on the LSAF FB page didn't even know what dates it was on, until the event was happening. It was too late for many attendees to make it at that point.

Plus, only 8 exhibitors this year, instead of an estimated 30. No where near as big.

Tom