CD-R players

cruiser3
cruiser3 Posts: 47
edited May 2002 in Electronics
You were so helpful in my decision on a turntable, I am considering a CD-R recorder to round out my collection of A/V equipment. Specifically, I am seriously considering JVC's XLR 5010 machine. Any comments/insights would be appreciated.....Thanks!!
Onkyo 696 receiver, Panasonic DVD RV31U,Polk RM6600 w/ 350 sub (rti28's 2nd zone), JVC Dual tape deck, MMF-2.1 Turntable, JVC 5010 CD R. ((its simple, its cheap, it works))
Post edited by cruiser3 on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2002
    All I can say is, I had bad luck with Philips 3/1 changer/recorder units (2 models, not just one lemon or one bad model). The JVC machines seem to have lotsa features. If they are reliable, they oughta be a good deal. But I don't know about reliability.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited May 2002
    If you can afford the Denon CDR-W1500, I think that is the best one in the market, if order on line, you probably can get it arround $433, quality built, easy to use, excellent results...

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/reliableav/dencddualdri.html
  • jeberhart
    jeberhart Posts: 69
    edited May 2002
    I have a JVC burner and I've never had so much as a single glitched disc. Perfect performance.
  • cruiser3
    cruiser3 Posts: 47
    edited May 2002
    Thanks for your comments. I am tending to lean towards the JVC but the audiophile in me says go for the Denon.....*L*....Thanks, again! Your comments are appreciated!
    Onkyo 696 receiver, Panasonic DVD RV31U,Polk RM6600 w/ 350 sub (rti28's 2nd zone), JVC Dual tape deck, MMF-2.1 Turntable, JVC 5010 CD R. ((its simple, its cheap, it works))
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2002
    f you have a comp get 1 for your comp alot cheaper and you can coppy anything you want i have tons of mp3 that i burn to cd also i coppy my cd so i can take them in my car and on a trip also to lend to frends