What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,788
    1mgakps7x6xz.jpg
    5tmw3cio7ssa.jpg
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,757
    2qs7osst8u8o.jpeg

Black Salvation • Uncertainty Is Bliss
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pumpkinman
    y7fka7pdc51n.jpeg

Brian Eno • Between Tides
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    68bubw82vf7d.jpeg

The find of the day

Robert Wyatt • Rock Bottom
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    m2zwfhdqwuqp.jpeg

Droogs • Kingdom Day (1987)

The Droogs were an American rock group from Los Angeles, California, United States, initially active between 1972 and 1992, with the majority of releases from the mid-1980s onwards
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    mhnbjayuf0bo.jpeg

Doll By Doll (1980)

Doll by Doll were a British rock band based in London. The band was formed by Jackie Leven in 1977. They came to prominence during the new wave period but were largely ignored by the music press of the time - their emotional, psychedelic-tinged music was judged out of step with other bands of the time.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,110
    uis71ksw2t3r.jpg

Mark knopfler-Shangri-la

Ht rig on 2 channel mode with the Oppo 105D them A9s sound good to me. Love this SACD.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pumpkinman
    p1xfcv6t8adj.jpeg
    4fsewrewyhha.jpeg
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• SIHAB
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    68bubw82vf7d.jpeg

The find of the day

Robert Wyatt • Rock Bottom
    Really nice pickup! Don't you love when this happens. :)

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    kdx0p4mkh4kd.jpg

Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• odcics2
    odcics2 Posts: 325
    Recorded live in 1974 at Abbey Road Studios.
    0fnm7go1efh0.jpeg
    u8znmpw0yxyv.jpeg
    2oo1bv15e82y.jpeg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,921
    I dunno....I am out mowing my lawn right now, listening to headphones but this sounds rather sweet...looking forward to listening to it on the big rig.

wfooyygjs3bb.jpg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SIHAB
    50e2lkbdtgje.jpg
  • SIHAB
    8zd233jsf6nk.jpg
  • SIHAB
    edited July 18
    kxzqzaehkmsq.jpg
    ca5sx5rwabu2.jpg
    pressed by JVC probably
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,659
    I can't believe this is 21 years ago now! It still seems like the "new stuff" from Massive Attack. The sound of this album still gives me chills. This album has a signature sound that is so unlike anything I've ever heard, and I've been listening to it this whole time and comparing it. Del Naja is a genius.
    tpi6718ymnwe.jpg
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • SIHAB
    gratuitous self gift!
    ytt7pxnllkrf.jpg
    fuj4bc153d8z.jpg
  • treitz3
    That is a very unique track, Bill. I'll have to give the album a whirl. Lots of height and depth information going on all at once. I can dig it.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    So, I got around to listening to that song I heard while out mowing the yard the other night, this time on the big rig. Very nice.

Never heard of them before but it is a very nice recording. Gonna have to give them some more play time as well.

Tom
  • billbillw
    edited July 19
    Tom,
    I know the Tedeschi Trucks Band is highly appreciated by many of the southeastern audiophile/jam band followers. I have heard them a few times but never sat down for a deep listen. Perhaps it is time.

Also, yes, that full Massive Attack album (100th Window) is worth a long slow listen. The sound is very unique, described almost as if all the sounds are linked to each other somehow. The fuzzy drums and bass lines are so cool. Lots of experimental stuff and the two main driving forces also believe that music should bring an internal visualization.
    That album was done without any pre-existing samples, which was a first for Massive Attack. Everything was recorded, looped, manipulated, etc. It also has some great vocals from the late Sinéad O'Connor. Overall, the production quality isn't the finest...just roll with it.

But one note for listening, don't bother with the last 11-12 minutes of the ~20 minute final track. I think that is for someone who passed out to keep the dream going or something.
  • treitz3
    billbillw wrote: »
    Tom,
    I know the Tedeschi Trucks Band is highly appreciated by many of the southeastern audiophile/jam band followers. I have heard them a few times but never sat down for a deep listen. Perhaps it is time.

I can see why. I ended up listening to the rest of that album last night, right up until the point of lightning in the area, then the system got shut down. I did enjoy what I heard. Not the best band out there but definitely enjoyable and they do know how to jam quite well. I also took a peek at the amount of albums they had available. Quite a few. Obviously they have been around for a while. Will definitely be listening to more of them in the coming weeks. 2 songs already made the "Favorites" list.

Duly noted on the Massive Attack album. They remind me of another electronica band I have recently heard but I can't put my finger or recall at the moment who they actually remind me of. Music like that just transforms one's listening experience because while it is music, it's definitely not like the typical music we listen too. Kind of akin to Yosi Horikawa and the like. Completely off the beaten path.

I hadn't even heard of either one until this week. This is one aspect about streaming that is much more convenient than hearing about a recommendation, buying an LP or CD and hoping for the best after if finally arrives. Most of my audio journey, this is how music was acquired by myself.....unless it was a recommendation from a trusted ear.

Tom
  • treitz3
    e4xzs3ersbzt.jpg

Fantastic album. I have not ever heard it sound quite this good!

Tom
  • billbillw
    Tom, that has to be a rare MF'er. Notta one on eBay.
  • treitz3
    You are correct. It didn't used to be rare up until about maybe a decade ago. Dang. I just checked DiscCogs and they have never even sold one! https://www.discogs.com/release/25449484-Millage-Gilbert-3-Faces

It is his 3 Faces album. Be sure to keep and eye out or get alerted for when it comes up. This one is definitely a gem. It's so good, Trey even mentioned that this CD is what makes audiophiles born....or something to that affect. It truly is a hidden gem.

I have looked on Tidal and Qobuz as well over the years. Haven't even ran across it there either.

If you act fast, there is a NM/NM copy available in Finland at the moment. https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/25449484?ev=rb - It'll cost you about 34 bucks with shipping. I doubt that will last long.

Tom
  • billbillw
    edited July 20
    Tom, I'm too cheap to spend $35 on an unknown CD, but I'll keep an ebay search for it. Maybe some day, I'll be in the same room with my laptop, an clean version of the disc, and a CD drive. >:)
    EAC usually travels with me 😋
  • treitz3
    xbidyzneh4y8.jpg

Been a while.

Tom
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,182
    fcl2d4rjnp0l.png

Deep Purple =1. 2024

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,835
    1w428ejoshhc.png
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • SIHAB
    Found this somewhat rare private press CD at a garage sale today :)
    i5kqwlkzw7e7.jpg
    bu7sc37ks8mz.jpg
This discussion has been closed.