Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    r8k60fk75dwa.png

Bye ! ⚡
    Sal Palooza
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,501
    Options
    Psssh. It's obvious that he needs a bigger bucket and a set of those metal roller skates.
    I disabled signatures.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,347
    Options
    qo71cma2hp4w.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    pf6qewsxnsgb.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,404
    Options
    Yeah, this "tipping" crap has gone overboard....

I'm all for fair wages but damn....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    Options
    A buddy of mine who used to work in the restaurant industry told me something I hadn’t considered regarding tipping.

Restaurant servers make just over $2/hour as a wage - they depend on tips to get anything close to a decent wage. Fast food workers at Starbucks, Subway, Taco Bell, etc make around $15/hour, AND they don’t really SERVE you…. Food for thought.

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,404
    Options
    "Serving" and tipping deserves another thread, entirely. Throughout my life? I have worked both spectrum's.

Today's culture is...."entitled". IMO

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,630
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Today's culture is...."entitled". IMO

Tom
    So true!!

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,216
    Options
    Counter service pretty much never deserves a tip, unless it involves pouring/mixing alcohol.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    Counter service pretty much never deserves a tip, unless it involves pouring/mixing alcohol.

I've never given any thought on tipping bartenders verses tipping say the sandwich maker at a deli. However, now that the matter has been presented what makes them different?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,296
    Options
    The bartender's trade makes the girl at the end of the bar look good.
    The sandwich maker's trade makes the girl at the end of the counter fat .
    🤔👍
    Sal Palooza
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,053
    Options
    I had my vehicles detailed yesterday and left the workers a nice tip. Was I right or wrong?

My line of reasoning was that someone did a personalized service for me and I should tip them if I'm pleased; which I was.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,108
    edited April 30
    Options
    I don't care for some of the restaurants I've been to the past few years or so, like at a large up-scale food court, sit down Mexican, Asian or Pizza where they will serve you at the table, but you pay at the counter when ordering before you get your meal. The C.C. pay screen they turn around to you sometimes lists four tip amounts, 15%, 20%, 25% and Other. I really don't like to pay their tip upfront. I guess if I do 15% I can leave more at the table. But it's hard to take any back. It's just the manner it's being done. Entitled culture, if you will. I could start with $1.00 in Other too.

In all my years, I can count on maybe one hand the times when I was so thoroughly disgusted with both the meal AND the service that I refused to leave any tip. It's usually the service that is lacking more than the meal. Sometimes they reflect each other, bad food and bad service (think dive).
    Usually if it's a quality restaurant with a long tradition, both food and service will be good. There are exceptions. I was recently in a restaurant, not super busy, I sat at a table in plain view of the kitchen, and three waiters, after no one came to the table for ten minutes, I got up and walked out. At least acknowledge I'm there.
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • billbillw
    edited May 1
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    billbillw wrote: »

I've never given any thought on tipping bartenders verses tipping say the sandwich maker at a deli. However, now that the matter has been presented what makes them different?

Their base pay is the difference, same as wait staff/servers. Bartenders, and servers do not make a normal minimum hourly wage. A sandwich maker does.
    Federal min wage for tipped workers is only $2.13/hr vs $7.25 for non tipped workers.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Lots of restaurants have servers tipping out the cooks, along with bartenders.

That’s how it worked at our restaurant/bar, not a corporate establishment a mom & pop owned place.
  • daddyjt
    Options
    Ummm….

ikxdb4kujr6e.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,296
    Options
    Turned the HPM100's into
    HPM100's 1.5. 🫣
    Sal Palooza
  • msg
    Options
    Prob using the extra woofer as a passive, leaving the port, too, so as not to take away from the original design too much. I can respect it - a purist.
    I disabled signatures.
  • daddyjt
    Options
    mgomllcltmny.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    Options
    Doesn't he have 5 Academy Awards, too?

I once saw him in this one scene in a film where he was ducking under a stop sign on the sidewalk. He didn't duck low enough and banged his head. He then got angry and started yelling at bystanders. It was very dramatic and intense. Realistic.
    He might even have cried, I don't recall.

Okay, so it wasn't a film, just a TMZ clip or something, but still, the performance!
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    Options
    He's a no talent putz of the highest degree.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,132
    Options
    At least he got away from the Kardasians before he grew a set of twins… Bruce Jenner was not as fortunate.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options
    ^^^ lolol
    I disabled signatures.
  • daddyjt
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Doesn't he have 5 Academy Awards, too?

I once saw him in this one scene in a film where he was ducking under a stop sign on the sidewalk. He didn't duck low enough and banged his head. He then got angry and started yelling at bystanders. It was very dramatic and intense. Realistic.
    He might even have cried, I don't recall.

Okay, so it wasn't a film, just a TMZ clip or something, but still, the performance!

What’s caused all of this “Grammy proliferation” (aside from the committee picking vapid music) is this: Every time Beyoncé, Kanye, Jay Z, Rihanna, Lizzo, etc releases a hit song, they “collaborate” with 5-8 other rappers and include half a dozen (or more) “songwriters” and “producers” (that probably just sat in the studio and smoked weed). When Beyonce’s latest song wins, jackpot - 14 Grammys issued. And everyone that cashed in on a Grammy for her returns the favor. You can see below for her song “drunk in love” - in the red box are all FOURTEEN people that won a Grammy for that song.

By contrast, Adele’s “easy on me” also won a Grammy. Guess how many trophies were issued for HER song…. TWO. That’s right, just two - her, and her producer/song writer. I submit that this is how it always was (and should still be), before the rappers and hip-hoppers showed up and started gaming the system. That’s the only reason Beyoncé topped Allison Krauss for most female Grammy wins - sad.

eg3ta2ftx9qs.jpeg

jw6q4cwovcin.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• F1nut
    Options
    Sad indeed

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,132
    Options
    The only people not getting a Grammy art the people who wrote the songs rappers steal the melodies from…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • billbillw
    Options
    Most of the "Grammy Winning" music is crap. Occasionally they get it right but most of the time, its just a joke. I mean, they have Album of the Year (I get it), but Record of the Year and Song of the Year? Both are supposed to be for a single song. Song of the year awards the songwriter? Now they have added Songwriter of the Year and Producer of the Year as well? Pssh. Yeah, proliferation is right. There are something like 90 categories now too.