nmiqoxogd1te.jpg
lvwrwu3l5flq.jpg
cexx5awnk19p.jpg
alzfbljtcgnr.jpg
sjtt34d7gwge.jpg
61hecvlq8haz.jpg
n9hlvbh3i9c4.jpg
hn98of6m8bgp.jpg

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,720
    Options
    Those deserve to be mounted externally.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,764
    Options
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    The best crossovers money can buy!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,053
    Options
    Beautiful workmanship! Someone is in for a sonic treat
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,385
    Options
    One of these days....just one of these days, Trey will get better at his craft..... :p

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,045
    Options
    Amazing work!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,614
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    One of these days....just one of these days, Trey will get better at his craft..... :p

Tom

I'm not holding my breath....
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,080
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the kind words! 😅🚀
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,944
    Options
    That’s some serious money invested there..

Nice Work!!!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,084
    Options
    Perfection!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Just curious, have you ever considered making some simple "before and after" frequency/impedance measurements of the crossovers?
  • treitz3
    Options
    I can't speak for him but I do know this. The tolerances for some (not all) manufacturers isn't exactly what I would call, "close". In some cases, the tolerances were obviously not checked prior to assembly, so the numbers would naturally be off.

FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited April 24
    Options
    Thank you guys for the kind words 😁

Hey Ken!
    I usually do not have the stock crossovers or speakers here. I do know the c coil drops the impedence a good bit but any capable modern amplifier will handle the difference.

Most of what I do is what's been established over the last decade amongst the collective. I attribute some of the sound quality improvements to how I wire the ptp network as I negate alot of wire and unneeded connections found on a circuit board build. This latest iteration was my replacement for the old monastery series build and incorporating some things I learned in the grande build.

I do wish we took measurements when Sean's was here but his pair had been modified previously so it wasn't purely stock either.
  • VR3
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I can't speak for him but I do know this. The tolerances for some (not all) manufacturers isn't exactly what I would call, "close". In some cases, the tolerances were obviously not checked prior to assembly, so the numbers would naturally be off.

FWIW.

Tom

Absolutely. I have pulled caps from the old stock crossovers that were 50% or higher out of tolerance
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Beautiful craftsmanship! Thanks for sharing the photos!
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,797
    Options
    You make me almost miss my old SRS's...almost. :D
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 704
    edited April 26
    Options
    Beautiful work !

I’m curious as to what the total cost is for all those components, ballpark?

Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,764
    Options
    gyosa wrote: »

adibyngblxp1.jpg

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,016
    Options
    Cost?
    Lots…. And that’s just the components used, good stuff right there.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,697
    Options
    gyosa wrote: »

lepf7wuao0j1.gif
  • VR3
    edited April 27
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I don't generally discuss pricing on the forum but feel free to reach out via pm or check my site.

I consider the parts used here to be about the best available without doubling or tripling the cost again. Also builds like this take about 100 hours of labor from conception to shipping, sometimes more.
  • treitz3
    Options
    ....and I can assure you that he doesn't slack around when it comes to these builds. When he's on it, he's ON IT!!

Tom