Baby Grand Piano

Options
rooftop59
rooftop59 Posts: 7,986
Been looking for one for several years since @Joey_V wont ever sell me the one his kids will never play 🤣. Finally came across a really good deal on the same model my mother in law has. It was a long and stressful day and a 5 hour round trip, but two days later this beauty was delivered:

b1hss23thbs8.jpg

Wife and kids are definitely stoked!
Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
Game Room 5.1.4:
Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,523
    Options
    Congrats! It looks great.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,207
    edited April 12
    Options
    Nice! That's what my daughter's piano teacher had in her house. It sounded fantastic! Sadly, my daughter gave up on lessons after something like 8 years.
    Now, I only get to hear her play on the Casio Privia that I got her for my house. Meh, its easy to move and fits in a small space, never needs tuning...She still plays to work off stress sometimes.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • rooftop59
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    Nice! That's what my daughter's piano teacher had in her house. It sounded fantastic! Sadly, my daughter gave up on lessons after something like 8 years.
    Now, I only get to hear her play on the Casio Privia that I got her for my house. Meh, its easy to move and fits in a small space, never needs tuning...She still plays to work off stress sometimes.

8 years is pretty good! Long enough to play Christmas songs and hymns and heck, even give writing pop songs a shot! My wife played for something like 12 years, and my oldest is 16 and been playing since she was 6 or 7. With all four kids still going strong, felt like a worthwhile investment...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,207
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    8 years is pretty good! Long enough to play Christmas songs and hymns and heck, even give writing pop songs a shot! My wife played for something like 12 years, and my oldest is 16 and been playing since she was 6 or 7. With all four kids still going strong, felt like a worthwhile investment...

Yeah, she can play Moonlight Sonata from memory. She can also play simple songs that she hears on Spotify by ear.

For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,476
    Options
    Nice! I admire people who have the dedication to learn to play instruments.

After long hours of practice, I can play bits of a couple of simple tunes on the piano. Like Swanee River or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I can even play them with just one hand, though, which I think is pretty impressive. But I never learned to read.

I can also play TTLS on the touch-tone telephone.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,288
    Options
    I can do the knuckle roll
    "I ripped my pants
    I ripped my pants
    I ripped my pants
    On grandma's fence"
    🎹
    Done on the black keys of course.

Sal Palooza
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Superb work!

Kawai was a consideration for us as well!

Does it have a player?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Superb work!

Does it have a player?

Do you mean a person that plays it? Yes. Wife and all four kids. I'm the guitarist lol. For our family Christmas music extravaganza this year my wife learned the theme song from Elf. My kids hummed and oohed and aahed along in four part harmony at times. It was pretty cool! I clumsily played along 😂
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    That right there, best memories created.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Superb work!

Does it have a player?

Do you mean a person that plays it? Yes. Wife and all four kids. I'm the guitarist lol. For our family Christmas music extravaganza this year my wife learned the theme song from Elf. My kids hummed and oohed and aahed along in four part harmony at times. It was pretty cool! I clumsily played along 😂

Touché
    I meant does it have an auto player
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Superb work!

Does it have a player?

Touché

Oh sorry no. Honestly didn't even think about or consider that possibility. Does yours?
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Superb work!

Does it have a player?

Touché

Oh sorry no. Honestly didn't even think about or consider that possibility. Does yours?

Yeah
    Enspire player on the Yammy
    We love it just about as we had expected
    Can play anytime and can control volume
    Also it can prompt the kids by wiggling the key to press
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,941
    Options
    How many tunes @Joey_V? Can the repertoire be upgraded somehow? Tanx! 😊 🙏
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,941
    Options
    Ha! Answered my own question:
    The Disklavier ENSPIRE allows you to revel in whatever music suits your mood or occasion, from classical solo piano or concerto selections to your favorite jazz or pop songs on piano – accompanied by audio and vocals. An easy-to-use and intuitive UI design provides direct access to 500 built-in songs* and thousands performances that can be downloaded directly to the instrument from the Yamaha MusicSoft online store.
    In addition, the ENSPIRE also offers revolutionary streaming radio services, allowing you to discover and enjoy thousands of piano performances in the comfort of your own home. Yamaha Piano Radio gives you instant access to over 30 channels of 24-hour streaming piano music.

*Built-in songs include 380 piano solo songs (PianoSoft Solo), 72 songs with instrumental accompaniments (PianoSoft Plus), and 48 songs with audio backing (PianoSoft Audio).

Yamaha Enspire

Alea jacta est!
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Superb work!

Does it have a player?

Touché

Yeah

Interesting. Honestly never even thought about it. I guess it could be cool to get little kids into the piano, but no need at mi casa. And if anything it gets played too much! 20-30 minutes for each for 4 kids 4-5 times a week plus three hours of lessons on Thursday evenings...between them playing piano, me playing the guitar, and the stereo, there's never a moment without 🎶 😂
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Joey_V
    edited April 19
    Options
    Superb work!

Does it have a player?

Touché

Yeah

Interesting. Honestly never even thought about it. I guess it could be cool to get little kids into the piano, but no need at mi casa. And if anything it gets played too much! 20-30 minutes for each for 4 kids 4-5 times a week plus three hours of lessons on Thursday evenings...between them playing piano, me playing the guitar, and the stereo, there's never a moment without 🎶 😂

The other secret sauce of the Yamaha Enspire ST piano is also the silent feature. You plug headphones in, the recording of the piano is binaural I believe and sounds just like the real thing (freaky) and the piano is silent to everyone else but you so you can practice with the normal action of the keys without bothering the house.