In memory of Ted (Reeltrouble1)

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,832
edited August 2021 in The Clubhouse
Today would have been Ted's birthday. Miss ya brother.

His friend Randy in Brunswick GA acquired a lot of Ted's gear after he passed last year and is now selling some of it due to him downsizing. If anyone is interested his user name on US Audio Mart is bucra. He's listed a bunch of Ted's MIT cables, Ted's BAT pre-amp and a pair of Innersound speakers.

No affiliation, just thought some of you might be interested.

Link: https://www.usaudiomart.com/userprofile.php?user_id=60801
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    That looks like a very nice preamp and in excellent condition as well.
  • F1nut
    Options
    There's a bit of a funny story involving that BAT as relayed by Ted. Something minor went wrong with it, so Ted calls BAT to see what they have to say. He gets Victor on the phone and after explaining the issue Victor says in his thick Russian accent, "send BAT to me, I fix BAT."

It would be an end game piece for most.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,609
    Options
    Gosh I'd hate to buy tubes for it. If you can find those they are $200+ each. I'd love to get ears on a preamp of that caliber, I bet it's sublime.
    I wonder how many hours you get out of a set of tubes. Not real familiar with the Russian made tubes.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    There's a bit of a funny story involving that BAT as relayed by Ted. Something minor went wrong with it, so Ted calls BAT to see what they have to say. He gets Victor on the phone and after explaining the issue Victor says in his thick Russian accent, "send BAT to me, I fix BAT."

Ha, I so remember that. Victor had that "made for movies" way of talking. Then again, so did Ted.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I DID NOT know Ted had passed. Damn. God bless you, man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • F1nut
    Options
    Steve, he passed on August 2, 2020.

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Speaking of Victor Khomenko (if I may; I hope this isn't too off-topic) -- he has some interesting videos on YT, although he's struggling a bit with copyright issues (i.e., with music). Of course, his nom de YT is Foxbat. :)

https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/tape/messages/2/21615.html
    1d2deouuyx7x.png

https://youtu.be/S_6aPYFjLZQ

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Miss that guy.....a great guy.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,084
    Options
    Jesse, it's good to remember one of your "brothers". They make us who we are.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,073
    Options
    Ted was a good dude, his hospitality back in 2007 spoke volumes to him and his family. Was extremely sad to hear of his passing.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • PolkClyde
    PolkClyde Posts: 662
    edited April 16
    Options
    Ted was very kind to me(a black man."say it loud") he have been to my home and like wise to his home. I took piano lessons around the corner from his home and every time I go there to piano lesson I think of Ted.
    PolkAudioClyde
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    edited April 16
    Options
    0bjoazu33u9t.png

At least it is for a good cause
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,059
    Options
    He is absolutely missed. Great guy.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.