Insightful, Agree, Like, LOL

Options

Comments

• RyanC_Masimo
    Options
    Glad to see ya'll like the options, please keep in mind that the negative options do not show who did so for some reason. Imo i think it'd best left at that to lower the chance of discourse happening within the forum but otherwise the feature is back up and running. Let me know if you guys find anything else going on.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,697
    Options
    We only need ONE button because . . . .

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQgQIMlwWw
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Way too many buttons now
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,373
    Options
    Where's the Staples, "Easy" button?.....you know....where you press the button, all photos and thoughts are automatically typed out for you and all you need to do is hit send....

THAT would be a cool button!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,111
    Options
    How about a "Shut up Tom!" button...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    Options
    That'll work too!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,941
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Way too many buttons now

C’mon Joseph! You’re a doctor and clearly a very accomplished gentleman! You can handle it! 🤣
    Alea jacta est!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Way too many buttons now

There's less buttons than brands in your signature.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,287
    Options
    I'll confess ....I've been frequently hitting the "Off Topic" button when it wasn't warranted because I've been feeling particularly ornery lately
    Not to the pont of being rambunctious or, heaven forbid, being persnickety but it could happen ! 😳
    Sal Palooza
  • Kex
    Options
    👆

I noticed, so I have rewarded you in kind! 🤣
    Alea jacta est!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,471
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Where's the Staples, "Easy" button?.....you know....where you press the button, all photos and thoughts are automatically typed out for you and all you need to do is hit send....
    THAT would be a cool button!
    Tom

Isn't that Aria and/or ChatGPT kinda sorta?
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,084
    Options
    @RyanC_Masimo thank you. The buttons are fun.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,287
    Options
    @RyanC_Masimo thank you. The buttons are fun.

As usual Bluebird, your post was not only timely and well said but also appropriate, considerate, and concise and to the point
    ....which is why I have to ask you to stop that as you're making me look bad in comparison. 🤔🤗

BTW I "UPVOTE"d your post because it was what I said before. 👍
    Sal Palooza
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,142
    Options
    I asked this before, but what does Up Vote mean?
  • treitz3
    Options
    Basically the same thing as like and agree.

Tom
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,455
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Get rid of all of them.

I don't think we need a button to show us it's off topic. Disagree is chicken ship. Be a man and let everyone know you're a condescending a$$ by posting. Vote up? WTF is that supposed to do? Awesome? Sounds like they are trying to turn us into Farcebook.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,195
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    I asked this before, but what does Up Vote mean?

Probably a step towards some sort of default sorting by popularity or what some algorithm chooses instead of showing all posts in chronological order.

Facebook and YouTube do this and I hate it. It's like a form of censorship because some posts do not get seen, effectively.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,471
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Pretty cool, I like the new options.
    I changed my mind.
    But glad the viewing is back. It's fun.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Kex
    Options
    Viewing seems to be back, except “Off Topic” and “Disagree”. Those two don’t seem to ever show how selected them. 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,606
    Options
    Please keep in mind that the negative options do not show who did so for some reason. Imo i think it'd best left at that to lower the chance of discourse happening within the forum.
    Kex wrote: »
    Viewing seems to be back, except “Off Topic” and “Disagree”. Those two don’t seem to ever show how selected them. 🤷‍♂️

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,203
    edited April 12
    Options
    So it looks like the "Off Topic" and "Disagree" buttons give you anonymity! I would think the Flag does too :D
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Kex
    Options
    But everyone’s been using “Off Topic” for humorous purposes, so it’s the exact opposite of a negative opinion. 🤣
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,606
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    So it looks like the "Off Topic" and "Disagree" buttons give you anonymity! I would think the Flag does too :D

The Flag is like it has always been, to flag and report a post. Does it now give a number of how many "flag" a post?
  • Kex
    edited April 12
    Options
    I tried to check on this with a post I flagged for a spammer over on the crypto thread, but sadly, it got deleted, so I can’t tell what happens… 😂

On a side note, flagging posts is a lot easier. There’s a spam option included. No additional text needed. Spam is the only thing I ever flag. The rest is pointless IMO.

See below… (hopefully):

ovtxi0mwzjcy.png
    Alea jacta est!
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,203
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    isriexskaz2s.jpg

My favorite canned meat. Its a delicacy! My son begs me to get it more often, but it ain't as cheap as it used to be...
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Need a dipshat button
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Options
    Naw, the ignore feature works way better. So far, only three have made the honor roll for that.

Tom
  • Kex
    Options
    Need a 🤢 button! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    When we get 25 Off Topic comments, do we get a badge?