Karma - Sansui T-700 Digital Tuner

Options
jdjohn
jdjohn Posts: 3,004
This might be a long-shot (as far as garnering interest), but I'm offering a Sansui T-700 Quartz PLL Synthesizer Tuner up for karma.
o5oj88idj7zl.jpg
2oy4j3k2f0vc.jpg
A few years ago, I karma'd a small-footprint Aiwa digital tuner here: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/194765/karma-aiwa-r22-tuner/p1 There was a decent amount of interest in that one, but I never knew if that was simply due the small footprint being a draw for participants.

Anyway, we'll give this Sansui tuner a go now. This unit is from my dad's collection, and has worked well for me in testing. I just don't have a need for it, and frankly, it's not worth trying to sell, so I thought maybe one of our members could put it to use.

This time around, I'm going to say at least 200 forum posts for being considered an eligible participant. Please respond in this thread with a number between 1 and 100. I will use a random number generator to pick from the closest guess. I'll keep this active until midnight on Wednesday, April 3rd.

I realize this component will not be useful for everyone, so no offense if the interest is simply not there. I can always take it to Goodwill...which is probably where my dad got it, about 30 years ago :D
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,175
    Options
    Nice karma, I'm in with number 8, thanks!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    I was the recipient of the Awia tuna karma last time & I use it almost daily.
    Thanks again Jody.

Lovely karma again. Not in
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    Very nice Karma indeed @jdjohn!
    The nice thing about insanity* is that is boundless! With that (and that alone) as my rationale -- I'm in with fifty-three (53). :)

Options
    In 66 nice for my garage
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,875
    Options
    in with 28
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Nice karma, not in.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Sansui. Great stuff. Got a au717 in the rig right now.
    In with 76.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    I recall drooling over my neighbors' Sansui gear in my teens, would love to have it...in with 43
    Thanks!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Neat Karma. I have plenty of spares :D ...not in.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    I want to be in for the “cool” factor, but someone who will actually get some use out of it deserves it more. Great Karma.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Nice Karma, not in.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    Nice Karma wish I still had some of my Sansui gear I had when stationed overseas great gear.

Not in. good luck to all who have entered.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Relatively small group thus far, but reminder that entry for this ends tomorrow night, Wed, Apr 3.
    x6j0u0cz7p89.png
    Thanks to all who have shown interest!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Another nice Karma from Jody!! I am not in.

I still enjoy and treasure a Karma from Jody that was part of his father's collection.

It is a Technics SL-J2 linear tracker turntable that became mine in January 2020.

qbiv8haz697t.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ^^^ :) Very nice!
    Those Technics "close 'n'play" tangential-tracking tts were masterpieces of engineering (and manufacturing) expertise. Best of all, they just work. Flawlessly. No fuss, no muss, no bother.
  • jdjohn
    Options
    And FWIW, the specs on those little guys are quite impressive. -78dB of rumble, which is comparable to the venerable SL-1200MkII (and higher), and most of the SP series.

Harry, glad to hear you are still enjoying that one :)
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 3
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    And FWIW, the specs on those little guys are quite impressive. -78dB of rumble, which is comparable to the venerable SL-1200MkII (and higher), and most of the SP series.

Harry, glad to hear you are still enjoying that one :)

Yes, they're fine little turntables. I had one of the lesser ones for a while (ultimately gave it to the son of a good friend who'd gotten interested in records). While it was in the household, I used it for quite a bit of LP dubbing because it was so easy to use and it just worked. No fuss, no muss (but I am being repetitive). :)
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    Options
    Hey I'm in with 84. We listen to radio a lot
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • jdjohn
    Options
    The random number is 63, and closest to that is...@rebelsoul with 66!
    76swqcaltu7e.png
    Congrats to him! PM coming for shipping info.

Thanks again to all who participated!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Congratulations @rebelsoul ! Enjoy that rascal!
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 756
    Options
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited April 6
    Options
    Hope this tuna is the cats meow. I'm using a SANGEAN HDT-1 HD for now. The marantz I had died so trying a HD tuner.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server