SVS subwoofer cables

Options
I have a pair of 25' cables that I do not need. These cables are in like new condition, just don't need them. Would like to swap them to somebody for a pair in similar condition that are around 10'.
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Since no trades offer, how about these 25' cables for sale? They price @ $45 shipped from SVS, will sell for $50 a pair plus shipping. These cables are less than 2 years old and probably barely have enough hours on them to be considered "broke in".
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 756
    Options
    I used a set on my svs sb-4000 . They worked great.
  • muncybob
    Options
    Anybody want 1 of the 2? Will sell 1 cable for $25 shipped CONUS.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    @muncybob
    Do you recommend wired or is the svs wireless connection good enough?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • muncybob
    Options
    Not sure what you are asking, my sub is not SVS....just the cables. I have yet to hear a wireless sub.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    I was asking if you had experience with wired versus wireless transmission of lfe/bass. I need two cables for my 2 SVS subs incoming. Wasn’t sure if I would do these or a wireless transmitter.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • muncybob
    Options
    Maybe somebody else can comment on that, but I would be surprised if wireless would be equal or better....but what do I know!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Joey, I would imagine that there would be a slight delay with a wireless transmission. Even something as small as a 10ms delay can produce a very audible delay and simply ruin the sound. What the end result is to what hits your ears is a destruction of the images and an audible delay in lower register output.

If the delay is around 1ms or less? Then wireless may be an option worthy of your consideration. With the accuracy of the lower registers in your Magico's, even a delay as low as 1-2ms may become something you would not want to entertain.

This also does not take into account any further conversions that need to happen to make the signal wireless, then yet more conversions back to a line level input. This may also impact the end result as to what hits your ears. FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    Wired, nuff said
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    @muncybob
    Do you recommend wired or is the svs wireless connection good enough?

I have dealt with many brands WIRELESS Sub connections and when they work, they are fine. I never measured any delay or had any stated to me that it was going to be off. The speed of electrical transmission, metallic vs the speed of a wireless transmission in the distances we use in our audio systems is not the concern.

What the actual concern is with wireless vs hard wire.

1- Hard wired can pick up interference IF the cable is not properly shielded especially in longer runs , more ability to pick up interference. A good quality well shielded coax designed cable is less likely to pick up any especially if the person who ran it paid attention to the pathway of the cable. This is usually never an issue. I have been running sub cables for well over 25 years and never once had this issue at any length.

2- Wireless is more able to get interference. Microwaves, Glass , water , all kinds of issues can happen with a Wireless transmission. BUT if there isn't any interference in the given space provided for the transistor and receiver to speak to each other, this is a perfectly fine option. So if your not having any signal drop off's, pops in the woofer when no signal is going to it, which are things I have experienced with wireless subwoofer kits, hell I have a new one in my basement unused as I was going to go wirelsss for one of my subs but then decided to hard wire it. I was thinking of having the freedom of the ability to move one of my subs around to find a good spot for it for fitting into the room while also a good sonic placement.

These subwoofer cables seems well built, nice looking and really honestly no need to be spending a ton of money on these cables. SVS seem to have built them properly and at full retail, still a great bargain.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • muncybob
    Options
    I agree on the good looks(although I really don;t care how a cable "looks") and they are well put together. I'm looking to replace them with the same cables but much shorter. I guessed at the final location of the sub when I bought them, but as it happens the sub will be much closer to the amp than expected.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Hey Bob, if you're still selling one of these, I'll try one. PM ya?

Do these smell like bandaids? I do prefer buying cables that smell like bandaids, or inflatable rubber rafts/boats from the 80s.
    @Clipdat knows what I'm talkin' about. He seeks that stuff out. Or it seeks him out, can't remember which
    I disabled signatures.
  • smartie_panta
    smartie_panta Posts: 186
    Options
    And I'll take the other one. The non-Band Aidy one if possible.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wired, nuff said

^^^ This - no guessing, no “what ifs” - you know it’s going to work. Period.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    For critical listening, I'd say I'd be listening very closely for deficiencies, but I have to admit, while skeptical at first, I've used MartinLogan's wireless with a couple of their Dynamo 700w subs at one point, and it was a pleasing experience, nothing jumping out at me as lagging. Casual listening with a B&K AVR 507, and R200 bookshelf speakers.

We're crapping on Bob's cable sale thread with tech talk, sorry Bob.
    I disabled signatures.
  • muncybob
    Options
    Both PMs have been replied to. Due to my lack of a good nose these days I cannot vouch for any smell on the cables but do promise they don't taste good.
  • muncybob
    Options
    Both cables are sold, thanks guys.