JBL 2235h Professional Series LF Drivers

Options
dromunds
dromunds Posts: 9,990
edited March 22 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Pair of JBL Pro Series 15” LF drivers. Former owner said stereo salon hand made the cabinets for him per JBL specs for non-powered subs back in the 90’s. I can sell with cabinets or take speakers out and ship. One of our members utilized the 2235’s in a pair of DIY speakers with fantastic results. Was it DarqueKnight? I used them powered by a separate amp for subs and they blended seamlessly. Anyway, these are offered for $500/pr or best offer, plus shipping. They're in Madison, Wisconsin, local-ish sale of course preferred and a must if you want the cabinets. The cabs are in ok condition but the grills will have to be redone. The prior owner told me he had them professionally reconed.

e08uw2dqkx0k.jpeg
vif1nkc372uu.jpeg
q1qrve5kbvx0.jpeg

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,969
    Options
    I thought FACE (Mike) did that..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,665
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I thought FACE (Mike) did that..

Miss that guy. He helped me on a few things as did Fred @FTGV
  • dromunds
    Options
    I was confused, it was not DarqueKnight. It was Wardsweb (Luther). He made some DIY speakers with the JBL 2235h as the LF woofers, and he also used some JBL 007 tweeters, together with some Altec horns. He designed some crossovers with high quality Jupiter caps if memory serves. Apparently they looked and sounded great. There are photos somewhere on the forum of those speakers but I can't seem to get my handle on them at the moment.
  • dromunds
    edited March 23
    Options
    http://wardsweb.org/audio/Widgets

To see how a person can up his game, check out Luther's DIY speaker build utilizing the JBL 2235h LF drivers, JBL 077 slot tweeters and Altec horns. Super sweet!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,665
    Options
    Reminds me a little of the Everest series. Excellent work👍👍👍
    I would have loved to hear those!
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,580
    edited March 25
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    http://wardsweb.org/audio/Widgets

To see how a person can up his game, check out Luther's DIY speaker build utilizing the JBL 2235h LF drivers, JBL 077 slot tweeters and Altec horns. Super sweet!

Wow! They look so sweet!

If you were in Florida I would definitely drive to pick these woofers up. I have plenty of subs for HT use. But feel they all lack a bit when it comes to music. I'd bet these would be a stellar driver for music.
  • dromunds
    Options
    These are still for sale local pick up Madison, Wisconsin. I am no longer willing to take them out of the cabinets, package and ship them for this price.
  • dromunds
    Options
    Bump for a pair of JBL 2235h woofers. You won’t find a better deal
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,576
    edited April 3
    Options
    Think those are the same woofers I have in these. I have another spare pair of woofers as well.

EDIT: On second thought, maybe mine are just 2235's.

2zxun5vtezy0.jpg
    2jn1y1wjk1qd.jpg
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • dromunds
    Options
    These are seriously good LF drivers, boys. Some say best LF woofers JBL ever made. I’ve priced these WAY less than going price all you gotta do is pick them up. Could be the foundation for some righteous DIY speakers like Luther’s or replacements/spares for a host of JBL speakers
  • dromunds
    Options
    Bump for a pair of perhaps the best LF woofers JBL ever made. They are presently in cabinets that I was told were custom made by a stereo salon pursuant to JBL plans. Scroll up in this thread to see the custom speakers Wardsweb made utilizing the JBL 2235h’s as the LF woofers. I’m selling these real cheap because I lost my storage space. Located in Madison, Wisconsin