Cambridge Audio 851n for sale

Options
gyosa
gyosa Posts: 701
edited March 22 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I’ve been Karma’d here a few times , so here’s a good deal for Polkies with over 100 posts before I list it elsewhere….

I’m parting with my beloved 851n. Its dual-mono design sounds fantastic and I’ve been extremely happy with it. I bought it a few years ago from Cambridge Audio but replaced it in December with an Eversolo A8 ( I needed an HDMI input ) - so it has been sitting unused since then. You can search the forum for my thoughts about it when I first got it . It has resided in a covered , fan-ventilated cabinet from day one - in a pet , child and smoke free home . Overall excellent condition, I can’t seem to find any dents , dings or scratches on it - I tend to “baby” my equipment . Looks the same as the day I bought it. Functions perfectly. Includes all as pictured - power cord , remote and wi-fi dongle. You can easily make a 12v trigger cable using the usb port if so desired - i did. It will be sent in original CA double box . FedEx insured shipping from Dallas Tx.

$650 + $30 shipping (if actual shipping is less using my wife’s business acct , I’ll refund the difference) PP friends/family preferred - but I’m flexible .

Pics to follow ..3sa42iw41bbg.jpeg

Thanks

BK
Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
Post edited by gyosa on

Comments

• gyosa
    Options
    2flz0gyp0vf3.jpeg
    l7gmfmf8hqig.jpeg
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • gyosa
    Options
    kvyjvbxe8mv8.jpeg
    bafvk7gcw9xj.jpeg

• gyosa
    Options
    x992hlxfvpur.jpeg
    ixswd9lqmtec.jpeg
    5rp3c3yrzhy4.jpeg

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    If I wasn’t saving for a new integrated, this would be mine…though I’m still very tempted.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • gyosa
    edited March 22
    Options
    It really is a great piece of gear … I was completely happy with it and would have never replaced it if it weren’t for my need for an HDMI ARC input …. The channel separation is stunning - that was the first thing I noticed about it when I first got it.

Interesting to note the toroidal power supply vs the typical switching power supply …

Bk

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Someone is going to be very happy. Love my 851n and I agree with the channel separation being stunning. GLWS
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I want this. PM coming.
  • gyosa
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    I want this. PM coming.

It’s yours … I just sent ya a PM ..

BK

• gyosa
    Options
    Sold !

Thanks Dave !

Will ship tomorrow…

Bk

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    Dave, I thank you and my integrated upgrade fund thanks you :D:D

Thanks for offering such a great deal gyosa.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • gyosa
    edited March 23
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Dave, I thank you and my integrated upgrade fund thanks you :D:D

Thanks for offering such a great deal gyosa.

Glad to offer it up here !
    Like I said , I’ve been Karma’d here a couple times over the years - happy one of y’all will enjoy it !
    And nice chatting with Dave on the phone !

Bk

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,557
    Options
    Nice score ! Nice deal!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Definitely a nice starting out unit to the world of streaming! Congratulations
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • motorstereo
    Options
    I just checked and it's already been 1 year since I acquired my 851n from right here in the Polk classifieds. I'm still super happy with it and have zero desire to try anything else. It really is that good.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Does anyone know what kind of tubes this thing takes?
  • motorstereo
    Options
    ^^^^Yes I've had great luck with this pair of triodes; highly recommended.
    a2zyrgql79jw.png
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Shout out to @gyosa for the great deal & super fast shipping! All hooked up and sounding great!
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Just to add, gear was absolutely in advertised condition. I am very picky and there was nothing to complain about!
  • gyosa
    Options
    Thanks Dave !

Hope you enjoy it !

Bk

DaveHo wrote: »
    Just to add, gear was absolutely in advertised condition. I am very picky and there was nothing to complain about!

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    I just checked and it's already been 1 year since I acquired my 851n from right here in the Polk classifieds. I'm still super happy with it and have zero desire to try anything else. It really is that good.

Of course it t is! 😉
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!