kharma Midi Exquisite 3 speakers

Options
marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,875
edited March 13 in Speakers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp4kZ5iq8aU&t=2s
Heard these yesterday with Aries Cerat mono amps, dac, preamp and Pink Faun streamer, one of the best speakers I have ever heard. The video above is not the system I listened to.
That diamond tweeter was crystal clear and not harsh, but sweet. The soundstage was huge, with imaging to die for. The system was set up in an office warehouse setting, in fact I told the host to don't forget to throw out the guy hiding behind the crate when he locks up, that's how 3d the soundstage was. Now I only need to rob a bank :)

pusto0dxvwre.jpg
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Don't do that to me, Marv! I was like, "IN!!!"
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Where did you hear these? Believe High Fidelity or a private system? They sound great. (Based on the video)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,875
    edited March 16
    Options
    Tom, the video came from YouTube, it is not the system I listened to.
    The guy had the system in a warehouse.
    I did a short video, Polk won't allow me to post it.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    edited March 21
    Options
    I know exactly where you heard from.

He’s a great friend of mine, part of the Dallas club.

I was the one who egged him to go for the Kharma Midi. I also sourced him his Kronos table and that lovely SRA rack.

David worked with him regarding cabling. But he has a massive near bottomless pocket. There’s a reason why he has AQ Dragons and a Zellaton in the back complete with a set of Schnerzinger wiring.

If you ever talk to him, he will tell you that the impetus for his rapid system change from Joseph Audio Pearls to the Kharmas are partly because of what he heard at my place with the Magico bookshelves.

I heard said system. The speakers themselves are from Mike Bovaird at Suncoast. The speakers are actually upgraded with Kharma Veyron midrange drivers. A previous version of this system was set up by Skip at one point and then I believe again by Clay with the Masters set up after his warehouse workers accidentally moved the speakers out of the way one day.

His set up has a midrange I have not yet heard in ANY. Set up. Ever.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    mor0svxl3lxm.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    What I know is that Skip has been by. Jays Audio Lab has been by. I heard a rough version about a month ago. I told him I felt like the imaging wasn’t there yet.

Last I spoke to him and Jays Audio Lab at dinner, they said it was clicking on 8 cylinders.