Does anybody really know what time it is?

Options
muncybob
muncybob Posts: 2,973
Does anybody really care?

Clock says 9am, but it feels like it's only 8am. When are we gonna stop this ****?
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Yeah Boii... You know what time at is..

a9sml2a2abvh.jpg
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    If they do stop it, people will still **** because they wanted it to be stopped on whatever time it wasn’t!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Agreed.

It's a lose-lose situation, no matter how one slices it.

I personally don't see why so many people get bent out of shape over this. Longer days during the summer, so I can attend to yard work without having to take off from work? I am all for it.

It only happens twice a year. I just don't see what the big hubbub is all about.

It's not like they move the clock 3 or 4 hours out and you have to readjust your schedule and experience serious jet lag recovery or some chit. It's an hour. Not really a big issue IMO.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    In the fall....
    w4x9v47vg4ze.png
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Don't know the time, but believe time is going faster now after the change.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    I noticed time goes by fast once you hit 55+ years old
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited March 10
    Options
    If I could save time...

https://youtu.be/9h1davKgBYM
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,280
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    I noticed time goes by fast once you hit 55+ years old

cyp9feg0qiyu.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    dang, thought this was a thread about the band Chicago....
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited March 11
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMSFqXGZ5TQ

For years I didn't realize Aimee Mann was in this.

The special effects have aged well, too. I'd put this up against any Marvel or Fast & Furious movie.
    I disabled signatures.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    It messes up my dog that has an internal clock. She knows when it's feeding/treat time, I have to apologize to her since I know she can't reset her clock.

I just see what there is to gain anymore, just leave the clocks as they are now and be done with it.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    Options
    Leave things at Standard Time. Don't really need it to be light out at 9:30pm in the summer.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    Leave things at Standard Time. Don't really need it to be light out at 9:30pm in the summer.

well, up here, the alternative is to have it be daylight at 3:30 am. B)
  • billbillw
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

They sell sleep masks...
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Told ya’s there’d still be bitching! 😂

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    Options

They sell sleep masks...

They work at 9:30 pm, too.
    B)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,280
    Options
    I got your sleep mask

f6ggstd7m9rw.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    My fish keep staring at me wondering why...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • billbillw
    Options

They sell sleep masks...

They work at 9:30 pm, too.
    B)

I'm not trying to sleep at 9:30pm though...That's when I'm trying to watch TV or listen to music. Both are more enjoyable in a dark room. Its also nice to have the house cooling off by then. In the South, its a fight to cool until the sun is behind the trees.
  • msg
    Options
    My guts are still on DST. That can be inconvenient.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Willow
    edited March 12
    Options
    msg wrote: »

Pooop schedule is off?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options

lsnfgm4twrrv.png
  • Willow
    Options
    That dude looks so happy. I wonder if it's because he finally relieved himself or happy to know he can and no one will know...at least for an hour or so.
  • msg
    Options
    @Willow, I meant to ask you, what time is it up there after DST ends? You know, in metric?
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    @Willow, I meant to ask you, what time is it up there after DST ends? You know, in metric?

a week last Tuesday.
  • Willow
    Options
    It's one and a half years away from election time.....