Can Yamaha R-N803 drive rti a-9

Options
2»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    ""The first one to decide ohms is the Receiver, the second are the speakers." (a quote from a friend of my dad, Ph.D. in Physics and Electric Engineer, who worked for Nasa for 12 years...)"

lol'd
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    This was my favorite bit. I don't have a signature, but I'm considering using this.
    Everywhere. Even on my work email.
    you have to buy a very power amplifier to keep cool the amplifier of your receivers
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    This was my favorite bit. I don't have a signature, but I'm considering using this.
    Everywhere. Even on my work email.
    you have to buy a very power amplifier to keep cool the amplifier of your receivers

I might use it to replace: "regal donkey guitar solos speak craftly across the bonus coal mine shenanigans after Tuesday."
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,052
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    ""The first one to decide ohms is the Receiver, the second are the speakers." (a quote from a friend of my dad, Ph.D. in Physics and Electric Engineer, who worked for Nasa for 12 years...)"

lol'd
    Indeed.

"The first one to decide ohms is the Receiver, the second are the speakers." (a quote from a friend of my dad, Ph.D. in Physics and Electric Engineer, who worked for Nasa for 12 years...)"

I mean... huh?
    I wasnt aware that Ohm's Law was decision based. I guess that's why NASA (or Nasa, as the case may be) wasn't interested in my resume...
    :|

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    All I'm saying is why did he only supposedly work there for 12 years and not 13 years? Clearly he couldn't cut the mustard.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    All I'm saying is why did he only supposedly work there for 12 years and not 13 years? Clearly he couldn't cut the mustard.

Maybe his math was wrong and he's in Davey Jones locker.....

Just sayin
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited February 24
    Options
    The RTi A7s & especially the A9s do better w/separate power. Either the Rotel RB 980BX* or RB981* would drive ‘7s well.

For the ‘A9s: that depends upon your music and volume tastes. Each* has a 200W/ch big brother: RB990 or RB991

Avoid Rotel preamps: I’ve read from many sources, they don’t match the SQ of their power amps

My 2 cents
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    Was this even real???? A first post to revive a 5 year old thread?? The "friend of my dad, a PHD...." quote was as bad as the line from Conan...."My sisters cousins brother broke out of prison there"
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman