Nice vintage logo "polk audio" shirts available on ebay

Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    Hmmm ships from Indonesia, wonder if they're legit, may be a little infringement action.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    Notice how OPs user profile is private. HAHAHAHAHA

Holy red flags, Batman!!!!!
  • odcics2
    odcics2 Posts: 309
    edited February 23
    Options
    Actually the package came from Texas.
    Shipped Tuesday, arrived yesterday.

Hmm, I can open the user profile, no problem.

• Viking64
    Options
    "Free International Shipping"

In other words: Texas :*
  • Viking64
    Options
    One left.

Better hurry.
  • odcics2
    Options
    That depends on the color and size.
  • Viking64
    Options
    odcics2 wrote: »

No affiliation.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • odcics2
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    vrwocxzzr28b.jpg

vkdzptzkrf68.jpg

Profile updated!!
  • odcics2
    edited February 23
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

No affiliation.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Time for a gummy perhaps? Lol!!!

Buy a shirt or don't buy a shirt, doesn't matter to me.

Post edited by odcics2 on
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    I can guarantee Polk Audio/Masimo did not authorize or approve of those shirts. Copyright infringement and this thread needs to go away.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • odcics2
    Options
    Depends if Polk renewed the logo trademark or let it lapse.

Good free advertising for Polk, in any event.
  • pitdogg2
    Options

Very true.
    It would be something I'd like to know. I like that logo as well but I'm not about to put dollars into intellectual property thievery.
    Out of respect to Polk of course.

• Astrl55
    Astrl55 Posts: 55
    Options
    The dotted "i" heart is very poorly executed
  • odcics2
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Very true.
    It would be something I'd like to know. I like that logo as well but I'm not about to put dollars into intellectual property thievery.
    Out of respect to Polk of course.
    Research shows the trademark expired and has not been renewed for the original logo.

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,055
    Options
    That does appear to be true

https://uspto.report/TM/73117659
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • odcics2
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    That does appear to be true

https://uspto.report/TM/73117659

Thank you VR3...

Now Polkies can buy a shirt if they so desire and sleep easy at night, knowing they aren't contributing to any infringement.

Also, a couple of guys on ebay repop the "polk audio" logo for vintage speakers. I don't need any as my 4 pairs of Monitor 7s are complete.

I have delt with the guy from Iowa a few times when I restored some KLH 6 speakers. He does nice work. 100% positive feedback.

NO AFFILIATION!!!! :)
  • VR3
    Options
    I also admit it is very hard to believe you are not affiliated lol

You seem rather determined and invested
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • odcics2
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I also admit it is very hard to believe you are not affiliated lol

You seem rather determined and invested

Just trying to let folks know about a shirt... and logos if needed.

As you can see, it was, unfortunately, an uphill battle when the only
    replies that were required is: "Thanks! I'll check it out."
    I'm not into conspiracy theories. Life is too short.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Bad guys profiting at others' expense is not a conspiracy theory. Happens every day.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    Astrl55 wrote: »
    The dotted "i" heart is very poorly executed

That heart over the “i” was always poorly executed in monochrome form (the full red heart is better). It looks like it was an afterthought that was added in a hurry.

Sentimental considerations aside, the new “Polk” logo is much more authoritative, and exudes a more premium message.

The Old:

jyxgfuax8gva.png

Versus The New:

a8bkgzqq9wvj.png

Alea jacta est!
  • VR3
    Options
    I couldn't disagree more.

The original is classy, the new one... Looks kinda of kid like, especially on the higher end model products. Almost out of place
  • Kex
    Options
    Subjective opinions, of course, and we’re all entitled to our own! 😉

Having worked in the field of billion dollar branding for some time previously, I’ll just say that the comic book typeface of the original logotype is a head scratcher for me when it comes to any product being sold for more than $200. Especially considering the poor execution of the heart icon above the “i”.

That said, brand perception is a tricky beast. It’s easy to alienate early adopters with new designs.

At the end of the day, the customer is always right — but only as long as they’re willing to pay up for new products. 😜
    Alea jacta est!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Oh no; I so hope I'm not going to prison because of my unauthorized Polk audio signage

tbyasggt3ot2.jpg
  • VR3
    edited February 24
    Options
    The issue is it lacks soul, it lacks inspiration.

That's the problem with most products in the market. An engineering department is hired to design a product to a certain price point and design it somewhat resemble products from the brands past to be associated. At the end of the day, no one who used to be there is there anymore and it all feels a little lost, at least to me.

Polk is a rare exception in that their newer products are still punching above their weight.

Look at mark Levinson, musical fidelity, etc... The products are just shadows of former products. They look similar but fail in execution.

Look at definitive tech... Their products since the buy out have been completely lackluster and is as if sound united has no clue what to make of the brand and what they do.

I miss the days of true statement products and signatures of designers on the back or front grille.

Where are the brands delivering truly inspired products and not just some mass produced junk for top dollar that is discontinued in 5 years with no product support.

Sad present and a bleak future for this industry.

Also it is painfully evident that most products under 10k are designed for certain shipping parameters from over seas. Just another compromise being made daily unfortunately.
  • Kex
    Options
    Oh no; I so hope I'm not going to prison because of my unauthorized Polk audio signage

We’ll bring you grapes on visit days when you’re in prison. 😘
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Options
    In an era where Sonos is considered high end, but can’t publish any actual specifications for their products other than weight and physical dimensions… an era where Amazon Alexa is the new reference point for 99% of consumers… speciality audio with separate components has entered the realm of a niche product for the foreseeable future.

Just be happy that you already own those components and know how to enjoy them!

Alea jacta est!
  • Astrl55
    Astrl55 Posts: 55
    edited February 24
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    ... I’ll just say that the comic book typeface of the original logotype is a head scratcher for me when it comes to any product being sold for more than $200. Especially considering the poor execution of the heart icon above the “i”..

Don't know how old you are, but this may well be a case of "you had to be there." The font was not at all out of place in the '70s. It screams hippie culture (google "Keep on Truckin" for a similar style)
    I suspect the choice was meant to distinguish them from the established old school industry players.
    The same can be said of the bizarre flower border on some early brochures.

7djdw4ftdyxb.jpg

This logo - where the heart mimics the font style - would have been a better choice for the t-shirts

ajcauob8cypw.jpg

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,930
    Options
    The classic Polk logo was/is the best period..

Trey hit the nail on the head.
  • pitdogg2
    Options

tbyasggt3ot2.jpg

Unless you're selling to the masses, you're good. You've always been able to make and be trouble free for personal use. The problem comes into play if YOU'RE making a business of selling other companies intellectual property.

Yes in this case I'm aware we have settled that as Polk let the copyright expire.