Give me yo' best shot! (System)

Options
1235»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Kansas did the same for me up close and personal in a little hole in the wall, in Charlotte back before the turn of the century.

Without the horn section....but still. Great performance and tight. I would have loved to have been a fly on your shoulder for that one!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    My older sister was dating her future husband in the late 70's and my mother made her take me to concerts they'd go to as a chaperone of sorts. Got to go to a lot of great shows! Foghat, Head East, REO Speedwagon, AC/DC, Van Halen to name a few. Good times!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 306
    edited February 16
    Options
    My best bar band story is seeing Heart as they made their way east on their first tour. Little place called the Wine Barrel, June 1975. They played all of "Dreamboat Annie" and sprinkled in Led Zeppelin covers. We all left just shaking our heads and saying "Wow!"
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options
    For three months this exhibit below is going on now in Atlanta.

m6penqynihjp.png

The story of the exhibit reminded me of an early life music event:

In 1963 at age 17, my friend and I (high school seniors) took our dates to a concert at the Ponce de Leon Baseball Park in Atlanta to see "Little Stevie Wonder" who was 13 years old. I remember his performance of "Fingertips" when the crowd joined in. He was standing in front of his piano under the pavilion of the right field seats.

Here is an old pic of the Park during an "Atlanta Crackers" baseball game. The stage was setup somehow in the area of the red rectangle. We were seated between home plate and third base. We drove from our hometown which was about 50 miles west of Atlanta. I am amazed that at age 17 we drove to Atlanta. There were no interstate highways at that time. I was familiar with the drive since my family frequently drove to baseball games to see the Crackers.

3udw2potabvv.png

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    My best bar band story is seeing Heart as they made their way east on their first tour. Little place called the Wine Barrel, June 1975. They played all of "Dreamboat Annie" and sprinkled in Led Zeppelin covers. We all left just shaking our heads and saying "Wow!"

Anne and Nancy Wilson's father was my middle school english teacher. The last day of school one year they came and played in the school's band room. This was just after their release of their first album, Dreamboat Annie. They wore mini skirts and boots, and young me was gobsmacked. They both signed the cover of my yearbook. Will never forget it. This was the very same month you saw them!
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    Some great stories in this thread.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    @audioluvr I saw Foghat at Fudruckers burger restaurant in Levittown PA. I think it was 1987. That restaurant hosted a lot of big name bands back then. Not a bad seat in the house.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    What’s with the flap sticking up in the front of your speaker platforms?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    What’s with the flap sticking up in the front of your speaker platforms?

Huh?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    Old school so cool...3exsd0mmyvyb.jpg
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Zaino.... Bringing 25 year old speakers back to full luster

l2i5a44n39tv.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    godiea2rlfsq.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *