Options
Up for Karma is this 7 1/2 ft homemade (by VR3?) power cable that I got from PSOVLSK last year. His FS thread is located here, where you can read his and heiney9's comments about these cables: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/198528/a-few-pcs-power-cables-not-personal-computers

aqklwvze94wd.jpeg
b5syywr7osh3.jpeg

I have been using this cable going from the wall to my APC H15 which feeds all my sources, plus REL subs and it has been a solid-performing, neutral and natural-sounding cable that has contributed to my being able to discern all the good or bad changes I made to my system (subs themselves, various rolled tubes, RTA 15TL BH5 mod and new DAC) while it was in place. I have nothing but good to say about it, even though the time has come to let it go.

As long as you have 50 posts, pick a number between 1-99 and I'll use a random number generator sometime the morning of Saturday, February 17 to draw the winning number. Whoever is +/- closest, wins. This includes shipping to the contiguous 48, otherwise, shipping is on you!

Good luck to all!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    In with 65

For you, I'll deliver!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 756
    Options
    In with 22 thank you
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Great karma! I have no need but thanks for continuing the tradition
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    In with 666!

j/k, nice karma!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    I've gotten more out of this site than I'll ever be able to contribute. I enjoy doing it, guys!

Brian

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Cool; thanks for the karma; in with 13.
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    Very cool! I'm in with 33 please!
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    edited February 3
    Options
    what replaced your generous karma???

SRiver ?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Synergy is a hautch.....in his system, they sounded good but was too forward of a sound for his tastes (in his system).

It would be interesting what he found to work in that location.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Oof, please rest assured I didn't offer this up to open a can of worms of any kind.

Nordost Heimdall 2.

I have nothing negative to say about the Snake River AMP Series cable and remain grateful for having had the chance to audition it.

I'm ~80% Nordost on power cables and interconnects and best I can tell, synergy is real and the SR just didn't jive with everything else, so I'm completing the loom with Nordost as funds allow (except for DH Labs Toslink and USB cables).

Brian

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Ah, you are good bro'. I know full well that synergy can be a hautch.

It's all good. Trust me.....I know all about synergy. Things I WANTED to work in my rig, well they didn't. No matter how hard I tried. It is what it is.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Yes, you understand, Tom. Thanks, again, for the demo!

Brian

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    It would be fun, interesting, and maybe even enlightening to give such a component a whirl.
    I have benefited greatly from numerous karmas (karmae?) here, but I shall tempt fate yet again and say in, please with 87.

Very cool cable. Love the terminations (and I am not being facetious).
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited February 4
    Options
    It's cool seeing these still in circulation

These are Marinco plugs, ferrite chokes each end. 3 x 12 awg wiring and the heat shrink was a super heavy duty 3 to 1 material.

I don't remember how many of these I made or really how it all came to be but all I can remember is I made way way way more then I ever anticipated and everyone loved them! I sold them for about the cost to make them if memory serves correct.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Didn't seem like it was 100% sure it was your cable in Paul's FS thread, thus the reason for the question mark. Thanks for confirming!

Definitely needs to stay here!

Brian

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Nice karma, not in.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,875
    Options
    In with 69
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,066
    Options
    This a great karma. I think whoever gets this cable will be very happy.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    I didn't realize Trey had a wire extruder, but very cool! :D Seriously, though, very nice Karma, but I already have an abundance of cables...many of which I made (or hacked) myself, so good luck to all!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Great karma! Not it.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Very nice, Thank you, In with 45 please.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Lovely.
    In with 51 please
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Man, this one's off to a lot quicker start than my BH5 one! Awesome! Must be all the power cable talk lately ... not to mention the VR3 influence!

Brian

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    In with -3,279+
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I'm currently using the Rotel branded version of that APC with the stock cord. This is the perfect length for my application. In with 72.

Thanks!
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    In with 666!

j/k, nice karma!
    audioluvr wrote: »
    In with -3,279+

I can't believe @msg hasn't responded with a Morse code number, yet!

Brian

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I only use capital numbers, and still trying to figure out how to do that in Morse.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    Roman numerals'll work just fine in code.

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    edited February 7
    Options
    Thank you for the generosity......in with 1
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman