You’re doing it wrong…

Options

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    2xq77u7oivmf.png
    Spilled paint at the golf ball factory again?
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    I think it's The Big Omelet.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I think it's The Big Omelet.

Well, you do have to crack just a few eggs to make an omelet but I guess if you're making "The Big One", you gotta crack ALL the eggs!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    The Mother of All Omelets.
    :#
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options

^^^^
    The unreleased Zappa album
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    tonyp063 wrote: »

^^^^
    The unreleased Zappa album

"Dweezils Ripped My Flesh"
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    8g4t64f88zbc.png

Pretty good quality u joint right there. The universals are what used to break when my foot slipped off the clutch as a young fellow. Then losing one or 2 needle bearings in the grass when putting in a new joint made for even more misery. Don't miss those days in the least.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Judging by how new and shiny that driveshaft is that's not the first one they tore up.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    ueaikll4aod7.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    8tf0qginhrgl.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    3ws8e4uhqnv1.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    Options
    That is SO wrong

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    y8f0npk6mq3w.png
    Tom
    1sdyoq4y8xlu.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    If ya'll have ever fallen into and then tried to climb out of that era F-body, in a strange way, it makes some sense, especially as I/we grow older!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    edited February 3
    Options
    I remember driving a friend's Camaro once back when that body style first came out, and repeatedly banging my forehead on the idiotic windshield trying to see over the fenders while parking. It took three or four hits before the futility of conscientious parking sunk in. So, if you ever see one parked way out away from other cars in a lot, that's why.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Try cleaning the inside of one of those windshields. Stretch Armstrong even b!tched about it.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Try cleaning the inside of one of those windshields. Stretch Armstrong even b!tched about it.

Heck, I have trouble doing some of the lower reaches of Mrs. H's CR-V's windshield.
    I am certain that my age has nothing to do with this at all.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    I've yet to try this out, hopefully it helps.ylfpj5uz0keg.jpeg
  • treitz3
    Options
    I have used those before. They do actually work pretty good.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »

I’ve been using one of these exclusively for interior vehicle glas for a couple years. Make a job I use to hate somewhat tolerable.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• SCompRacer
    Options
    s4o6yz43xt46.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    edited February 3
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    charley96 wrote: »

I’ve been using one of these exclusively for interior vehicle glas for a couple years. Make a job I use to hate somewhat tolerable.
    Is it really streak free? Do you use a cleaner with them? I agree with everyone else, interior windshield cleaning has to be the most awkward job in vehicle cleaning.

I've just wound up going with a sponge and light soapy water, then a couple of rinses, and finish with a 6" rubber squeegee.

Last step is a fresh microfiber towel to catch any leftovers as well as the edges and areas I couldn't get to with the squeegee.

While this makes it much easier and faster, it's not without its drawbacks. Need to be mindful of any paper backed windshield stickers, for example. Dab, not wipe.

Cleanest and easiest I've come up with so far, but only for easing the wiping. Angles are still awkward.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    edited February 3
    Options
    Sprayway glass cleaner. Use it with rags, not paper towels.

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    edited February 3
    Options
    As I age, I can't contort like I use to. With arm extended my wrist can't take too much pressure. I find it easier to use the tool. I use a foaming window cleaner and get good results. You have to wash the pads from time to time. I use a microfiber soap with hand wash and air dry. You can damage microfiber with too much heat.

If the microfiber gets soaked remove it and use a small square microfiber towel over the pad.

tqxu84uhhi5q.jpg
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options
    Getting rid of the cloudiness on the inside of windshields is definitely one of the most annoying parts of cleaning an interior. I used to wipe multiple times with a microfiber cloth and Sprayaway and it would still be cloudy in some areas. I read somewhere to try a magic eraser. I tried it with the Sprayaway and it definitely did a better job than the microfiber cloth, though it makes an awful noise.
  • treitz3
    Options
    CottageChz wrote: »
    I read somewhere to try a magic eraser.

Hmm, never tried that before.

Tom

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    My go to I've found that takes off the plasticizer film from inside the vehicle is a natural chamois cloth. I rarely use any cleaner on the inside glass anymore. I wrap the chamois around sponge for the majority of the open glass and my hand for the tight areas.
  • daddyjt
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Is it really streak free? Do you use a cleaner with them? I agree with everyone else, interior windshield cleaning has to be the most awkward job in vehicle cleaning...

Yes, it is streak free. I use the Costco/Sam’s club aerosol spray window cleaner. I will never go back…;-)

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn