You’re doing it wrong…

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,457
    Speaking of photochops,

A parade for those killed in car accidents..

tw0etfvga4p2.jpg

cnhcpgiifs2m.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 781
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Porsche's GT1 racecar of that era suffered from a similar fate.(?)
    2ch rig: Speakers: Magnepan LRS w/Magna Riser stands Preamplifier: Parasound P5 Amplifier: Parasound A23 CDP: Pioneer DV-563A Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Standby: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,803
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Porsche's GT1 racecar of that era suffered from a similar fate.(?)

Yeah but they weren't flipping over, they would get tail-happy and make abrupt left or right turns due to a loss of traction up front and power induced oversteer
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    I wish that would happen to Honda Civics with giant wings and bumblebee exhaust.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,986
    msg wrote: »
    I wish that would happen to Honda Civics with giant wings and bumblebee exhaust.
    There's no greater technological marvel than rear downforce on a front-wheel-drive sedan. :p
  • msg
    "Dude bro, my Civic with the wing puts out SO much torque bro? [pause for deep vape] that my wheels brake [sic] loose. It's even worser when it's windy. It's because the cold air makes the air charge more denser. I'm glad I gots audomaddic, 'cause it winds up so fast bro I coulnt shift fast enough in manuul."
    I disabled signatures.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,631
    edited January 26
    "Dude bro, my Civic with the wing puts out SO much torque bro? [pause for deep vape] that my wheels brake [sic] loose. It's even worser when it's windy. It's because the cold air makes the air charge more denser. I'm glad I gots audomaddic, 'cause it winds up so fast bro I coulnt shift fast enough in manuul."

Fast and Furious fans would take offense!

ymv9a35503mo.jpg

For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,429
    kmli2xs8zl31.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    7u9cb7sutphs.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,885
    7ksd3jbojmsr.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    And they said the El Camino was discontinued….

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,597
    daddyjt wrote: »
    kmli2xs8zl31.jpeg

sure, my toaster oven has (at least) two of them.
  • mhardy6647
    7u9cb7sutphs.jpeg

I mean, that's a pretty crazy looking gasket.
    I'll bet aliexpress's got 'em for $49.95 -- although the packaging might say Rambolghini.
    :#
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,986
    I would just cut a gasket out of that banana peel and call it a day.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,642
    7u9cb7sutphs.jpeg

If you’re worried about the repair bill, you shouldn’t own a Lamborghini anyway.

It’s part of how they keep the posers out of their cars.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,983
    7u9cb7sutphs.jpeg

You could 3d print one for about.39c.
  • msg
    Willow wrote: »
    7u9cb7sutphs.jpeg

You can print gasket material with a 3D printer? I didn't know that.

Permatex's The Right Stuff became my go-to for form in place gaskets. Fast tack, fast cure, and fluid resistant in minutes. Been a while since I had to wrench on stuff, but it worked great in all my Lamborghinis.
    I disabled signatures.
  • SCompRacer
    wovi1tbvoxic.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 28
    7u9cb7sutphs.jpeg

Permatex's The Right Stuff became my go-to for form in place gaskets. Fast tack, fast cure, and fluid resistant in minutes. Been a while since I had to wrench on stuff, but it worked great in all my Lamborghinis.

My father and I tried that stuff (or the early 1980s equivalent) on the oil pump of my (now) wife's '77 Fiesta (lovingly monikered The Fiasco) after an oil filter change mishap. The operation was not a success. :# Unfond memories of that little adventure.

52232131898_3bcc9c5931_b.jpg

I'll regale all y'all with some of the fun tales of the colorful ways that car used to break down some other time...
    That little blighter was fun to drive, though.

Meanwhile, I need to go out and pull the Lambo into the garage. The snow's starting to accumulate, and I can hear it rusting. B)
  • Willow
    7u9cb7sutphs.jpeg

No clue, looks like some thin piece of plastic on my phone.
  • daddyjt
    edited January 29

The longer you look, the worse it gets…

a0n5qem5uyci.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• SCompRacer
    crygk6iqkfva.jpeg
  • Willow
    The longer you look, the worse it gets…

a0n5qem5uyci.jpeg

It's quite smart actually. You can piggy back on those interconnects, you can cook a perfectly shaped egg and your amp will warm up much faster.
  • daddyjt
    z8lu59bkr5n4.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,631
    z8lu59bkr5n4.jpeg

That is supposed to have a description that says "Customer complained of sewer smell in the laundry room"

You and I must get the same suggestion feeds on FB...I saw it this morning on the crapper.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • daddyjt
    Yea - someone doesn’t understand how to plumb a vent stack, lol

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• SCompRacer
    3bvxsmdy5gip.jpg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,885
    iz7552eov4ye.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~