Blu-Ray gets a little luvin

Options
Geoff4rfc
Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
Retiring the cinnamon 48 with a carbon 48....hope to see a difference

mh0lrepfvmwp.jpg
kzg9nfltz7xw.jpg

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    edited January 20
    Options
    I moved up from cinnamon to chocolate several years back, it was subtle but there was a difference. Depending on the player I'd like to think you should notice a difference
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I moved up from cinnamon to chocolate several years back, it was subtle but there was a difference. Depending on the player I'd like to think you should notice a difference

Thanks! I've got the Panny 9000. I've installed the cable, gonna check out a bluray.....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »

Thanks! I've got the Panny 9000. I've installed the cable, gonna check out a bluray.....

So…worth the upgrade?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »

So…worth the upgrade?

To be honest......no jump out at you differences visually. Audibly, a noticeable difference.

I was hoping for a PQ improvement, but I may have to go from the Pre to the display to achieve that.

All in all, worth the upgrade.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    edited January 21
    Options
    My Oppo 205 goes directly to the TV, the audio HDMI goes to the pioneer Elite SC27.

Look into the Oppomod.com website, if I remember correctly they have some upgrades for the 9000 too
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    @rooftop59 @pitdogg2 I don't know if it's placebo or what however I've been running standard blurays today then ran 4K Prometheus and noticing improved PQ in the way of cleaner detail in closeups.

I'm going to see what kind of deal I can get on a Vodka 48 and try @pitdogg2 's method and run the carbon from the #2 HDMI port for audio and run the vodka in the #1 port straight into the display.

This is exactly why I don't go vinyl....... :D