Trying something new - Snake River Audio

Options
1235»

Comments

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    edited January 13
    Options
    I'm with ya, now. They weren't really sticking out to me in the pics in the demo thread (even though Joey was making them obvious 😵‍💫).

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    edited January 13
    Options
    Yes I experimented with ferrite chokes on power cords and RCA cables. Parts express sell clamp on models for different sized cable.
    Ferrite as it happens is also used in AM bar antenna's and it works very good.
    Ymmv
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,280
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Different PC's from where you are specifying isn't what I would suggest. Try a PC straight from the plug to the amp.

I agree.
    However, I need to figure out an electrical “home run” from the main panel directly to the listening area. 2 actually, 1 for each mono. Should probably do one for the subwoofer as well.

A somewhat challenging task as my crawl space is very shallow.

Can you get a piece of PVC pipe through your crawl space? I did it with PVC pipe to get power out to my spa panel, it worked great.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    GlennDog wrote: »
    A somewhat challenging task as my crawl space is very shallow.

Can you get a piece of PVC pipe through your crawl space? I did it with PVC pipe to get power out to my spa panel, it worked great.

Lately, I'm dealing with a number of cluster beeps. Primarily, the McMansion going up next door with the extra deep basement is channeling their water run off to my property. FLOODING my yard AND my crawl!

Work down there is not pleasant. 1st priority is a knowledgeable worker, 2nd is a skinny **** who's not claustrophobic

Panelboard is on the rear interior wall and feeding my Rig 15 feet away. Feed will either go up (thru attic), then down OR down, (thru the crawl) then up into the room.

Either way . . . skinny, knowledge **** WANTED
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    REALLY ?? . . .

M and O and F and O is not allowed??

Is puzzzy Trucker mOther fascists allowed??
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12