Hardwood bbq firewood at Sams Club

Options
0.65 cu ft bundle at Sams club marked hardwood firewood. $6.98 per bundle. I contacted the seller to Sams club asking about the type of wood in the bundle and received this answer.

James 09:42 PM
Hi Marvin, yes all the wood in the hardwood pack at Sam’s club consist of hardwoods. In that region it is mostly oak, maple hickory and some cherry
Different variations of those species per bundle
Other places in town selling bundles go for at least $15 when marked for bbq. The wood is kiln dryed. A
https://www.samsclub.com/p/the-hardwood-pack-kiln-dried-firewood/P03020606?xid=plp_product_2&fbclid=IwAR1eYgoyLUoaTYD0NDWdldkNGi2GwQ8b4ztMuqvwhltqhr-GcTe88iNC-LU
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Was your account hacked
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Trying to decide if I should click on the flag button...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,875
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @audioluvr flag button for what?
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Trying to decide if I should click on the flag button...

Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    edited December 2023
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Was your account hacked[/quote
    @vr3 ????
    Puritan PSM156
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    The post very random is all

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Like spam. Sorry if it's legit. :D now I almost feel bad!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • marvda1
    Options
    I saw this over on BBQ Brethern and just thought a fellow bbq smoker would like to know where they could find cheaper wood.
    Puritan PSM156
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Marvin. I love you brother but the best smoking wood is not from a pile in front of a chain store and it's not kiln dried. Live wood from fruit trees such as apple, pear or nut trees such as almond, filbert, pecan or pretty much any Maples are best.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• marvda1
    edited December 2023
    Options
    It may not be so much in the wood but in the pitmaster. At this current time the #1 voted BBQ restaurant in Texas uses kiln dried wood that you can get from Academy.
    By the way this list (top 50 BBQ places in Texas, put out by Texas Monthly Magazine every year, I believe). The likes of Franklin's and Snow's BBQ have been at the top this list, the current #1 is Goldee's, you YouTube them.
    Puritan PSM156
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    @marvda1, I have been to one Texas BBQ place. It was the State Line on the Texas-New Mexico state line just outside El Paso.

It was years ago twice late 70's and early 80's. At the time, all the people I knew in El Paso raved about it. I don't see it on the Texas Monthly list now. It was very good, and I was surprised by the turkey items on the menu. I remember the trip there along the Rio Grande with the dilapidated housing on the Mexican side. It seemed more out of town then than what the map shows the surrounding area now.

z3hl56r3tf4x.png
    nw9iaary30ap.png
    ziiehotjul0y.png

"TEXANS NEVER CRY" on the wall. "Since 1977 Sign" in outside area

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Was your account hacked
    This post is very on much authentic. Marvin is also an avid bbq-er, and knows of the overlap between many audiophiles and home pit masters.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    On a lighter note, whadyou guys think about politics and religion?
    I disabled signatures.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    @marvda1, I have been to one Texas BBQ place. It was the State Line on the Texas-New Mexico state line just outside El Paso.

It was years ago twice late 70's and early 80's. At the time, all the people I knew in El Paso raved about it. I don't see it on the Texas Monthly list now. It was very good, and I was surprised by the turkey items on the menu. I remember the trip there along the Rio Grande with the dilapidated housing on the Mexican side. It seemed more out of town then than what the map shows the surrounding area now.

z3hl56r3tf4x.png
    nw9iaary30ap.png
    ziiehotjul0y.png

"TEXANS NEVER CRY" on the wall. "Since 1977 Sign" in outside area
    I grew up in El Paso and have been to the state line countless times. Well it is a quality BBQ restaurant, it doesn’t hold a candle to higher ranked BBQ places that I’ve been.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs