Got Ink?

Options
Got my first tattoo this past Friday the 13th. And as my wife and I had our first date on Friday the 13th, were married on Friday the 13th, and hold every Friday the 13th as "our" special day, I felt it was only fitting...

6yek85parad8.png
j5r6kbrdhunv.png
p23zzenhszov.png
d1qjiydva4kd.png

Logan (the artist) and Black Dahlia Tattoo in Ankeny, IA made my first tattoo experience amazing. It was fun and comfortable. And I got to talk to Logan about some other ink I will be getting done in the future.

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Nice. Means lots to you and that's what is most important.
    I have 6 fish as an arm band on my left arm. A nasty sun on my right shoulder and my newest one is a praying mantis with my son's name under it on my right forearm. My left forearm is for my daughter. I'll be getting a sweet pea with a butterfly on it as well as her name incorporated into it.
    I don't regret any of mine just the sun was hand drawn by me on some wild trip in highschool then on a vacation in Victoria I went into a shop owned and run by bikers and got it done. It's faded and ugly but so are parts of my past.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,520
    Options
    Very nice! I have a wave on my upper arm. I noticed that my son’s swim coach had a wave on her arm. So I asked who did it. I waited until I turned 60 and went to the same guy. I got there a few months before he retired. I swam in high school, raced sailboats with my Dad and currently paddle on a dragon boat team, so I figured a wave was appropriate.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I heard you cried
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I heard you cried

Actually, the artist tapped out for a break before I did. Not a single tear was shed.
    I was truly fine up until she started punching in the color...then it went from annoying to rubbing sandpaper on sunburned skin.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Looks good! An Iowa Hawkeye next!
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    then it went from annoying to rubbing sandpaper on sunburned skin.

You just convinced me to never get a tattoo🤣
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »

Remind me to shove you into a prickly shrub the next time I see you... :p:D

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

This more Ryan's style

xy03be03s6qn.png

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lunazul
    lunazul Posts: 780
    Options
    Got my first tattoo this past Friday the 13th. And as my wife and I had our first date on Friday the 13th, were married on Friday the 13th, and hold every Friday the 13th as "our" special day
    d1qjiydva4kd.png

Logan (the artist) and Black Dahlia Tattoo in Ankeny, IA made my first tattoo experience amazing. It was fun and comfortable. And I got to talk to Logan about some other ink I will be getting done in the future.

Looks like she's aiming that thing for a weenie roast. :D
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Ron knows me well!

@lunazul I mean...she could be...she's an evil lil minx.

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

This more Ryan's style

xy03be03s6qn.png

Okay Ryan, I can accept your choice of Michigan as easily as I would Iowa. :) My brother went to a game in Ann Arbor about ten years ago. He was very impressed by the venue. He said what stuck out was the total absence of any advertising in or on the stadium. Go Huskers!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Tattoos can say a lot about the bearer , or say next to nothing? I have my share of ink and don’t regret any of it! I’d like to do more but probably won’t! Keep em out of a lot of Sun and they will stay nice!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!