No control power to Subwoofer Amp

Options
crewpolk
crewpolk Posts: 3
edited January 2007 in Troubleshooting
I have a DS1 tuner and DS2 (RF6707-1) subwoofer with amp.
Red led is on sub, but no sound. The two fuses in tuner are good. Tuner receives video data from cable box and dvd. It seems that the amp power supply will not switch on when tuner is turned on. Is there schematics available for this unit?
Thanks for any help.
Post edited by crewpolk on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. There is a way to reset the pre-amp/processor. With the unit turned on simultaneously press these three front panel buttons: "save preset", "clear" and "preset up". The unit will display the word, "default" then shut off. Turn the unit back on and, hopefully, the amplifier will now trigger on. You'll need to reset any station presets and speaker level adjustments per the setup instructions on page 20 of the owner's manual.
    Regards, Ken
  • crewpolk
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Thanks Ken for the reply. The reset did not work, I do heard more relays working now. Green led on the sub never lights. There is a thermal therm on the amp pc board and wonder if that controlled the sub power. Is there schematics for this unit? It would help to know where to check the circuits.
    Thanks
    Crew

r
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hello Crew,
    The next step would be to remove the DB25 cable that goes from the processor to the sub-woofer and reverse it. Take the end that was plugged into the processor and connect to the sub-woofer. The end in the sub-woofer connect to the processor. This repositions the connecting pins and sockets in the connections at both ends. When you are installing the DB25 the trick is to turn the thumb screws a few turns, jiggle the plug a few times to make sure its seating properly, turn the thumb screws a few more turns. This way will make certain the cable seats properly in the socket. I hope this works.
    Regards, Ken
  • crewpolk
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hello Ken
    I have already tired switching cable and checked continuity of cable, Thermal fuse on amp printed circuit board tested bad and new one did not fix.
    I believe I have a amp power supply problem. Who do I contact to get a schematic and replacement component parts?
    Thanks
    Crew
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hello Crew,
    Send me an email message at polkcs@polkaudio.com and I can help with the service information.
    Regards, Ken
  • pikrdave
    Options
    Any chance someone can help me acquire specs / diagram for Polk DS2 SW 00402 subwoofer? Thanks in advance for any help.