Legend line a bust...?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,314
    HAAAAARRRRRR
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,956
    "The Legend does not look as good as the LSiM." That's your opinion, but no everyone's. Don't state it as fact because it's not.

I've had both the LSiM 705's and now the Legend 600's. I like the look of the L600's better and they sound much better. Of course you probably don't like hearing that.

Have you owned both? I thought not.

What's that old saying, if you can't stand the heat get out of the ............

Sounds like you can't. Bye.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,221
    I’m in the same boat and have the same opinion as he does
    Legend sounds and looks better
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Up yours Ron.
    And yours, too, Mike.
    You guys have no taste.
    Except in hookers, gaming, bourbon, cars, wives, living, work ethic, and actual audio performance and presentation.

So, pretty much everything that matters.
    I retract my former statement, Young Gods. (that's a band, btw, in case anyone gets their knickers in a twist)

LSiM Design 'fo Lyfe, yo (closet Legend series owner)

Side note - I can't, for the life of me find that thread where the guy was arguing about how a floor stander on its side was an amazing center.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Also, when I said the LSiM looked better than the Legend, that was specific to the bookshelf - the 703s and L200s. Everything else Legend I like better.

My parked 705s look wimpy. L600s would trounce them in pretty much every way.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,499
    kjw45kq029if.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Holy crap I think this is the guy from the Facebook page who's been pissing off the admin by constantly talking about how much better the LSiMs are than anything else ever.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,150
    You have no idea what is and is not selling, or what the numbers are, so go sit down and STFU..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,236
    edited September 2023
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    You have no idea what is and is not selling....

Pffft
    I do! Crack sells day in day out even in a bad economy....

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,956
    He probably thinks it's a great economy. He'll tell you everyone thinks it is.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,926
    New24k wrote: »
    Best Buy/Magnolia (the largest retailer of speakers in the US) has them listed on their website (with just 2 reviews in almost 4 years) - and doesn't/won't stock them at their regional warehouses, etc. If they were a product that sold, you can damn well be guaranteed that Best Buy/Magnolia would be stocking them at their warehouses.

You keep saying "regional warehouses", and also you sound like you are having a fever dream.

Best Buy still carrying/stocking/selling the Legend series as far as I can tell: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=polk+audio+-+legend&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

OP should order a pair.

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,598
    edited September 2023
    I wonder if the OP drives an electric car by chance.... hummmm
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • halo71 wrote: »

OP can’t afford the Legend line , how would you expect an electric car to be in the picture?🤫
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    I had the L200’s, R200’s, LSiM 703’s and LSi-7’s and LSi-9’s at the same time (as well as numerous older Polk bookies). I also had numerous other manufacturers’ bookies at the same time. I did a review of the L200 versus the R200. If you look in the archives you’ll see it. I also did a lengthy review of the L200 where I discussed the progression from LSi to LSiM to the Legends. Each iteration got better. If you have an AVR powering them you’ll be disappointed. The better the power the better the sound. I also noted how the L200’s blew away speakers costing multiples more, some that have vaunted reputations. I now have L800’s. The Legend series generally were designed to look like the legendary speakers, and the design is not for everyone. Other speaker manufacturers have done the same. But the sound of the Legends is excellent and they should be justifiably proud of the line. Polk should also be proud of the Reserve series, it’s a great bang for the buck line.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,598
    halo71 wrote: »

OP can’t afford the Legend line , how would you expect an electric car to be in the picture?🤫

That was a reference to a certain we use to have here that loved to argue with people. Remember Sal?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,552
    edited September 2023

Probably a bicycle.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr wrote: »

Probably a bicycle.

r7afl9ipawbj.jpeg

Easy now !!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,926
    That's a cool helmet!
  • msg
    Love it, man :)
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,291
    msg wrote: »
    Up yours Ron.
    (that's a band, btw, in case anyone gets their knickers in a twist)

Why in the heck are my knickers all twisted up?? SCOTT, did you say something off handed again???
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • msg
    mmmayyybe? :#o:)B)
    >:):D

yes yes, alright I did.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Trey, have you ever tried the Sound Addicted ones?

Either way, acoustic isolation pads are one of the best accessories I've ever bought.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,499
    Look to be similar to what I have on my desk... They have a sparkly finish in the foam

They have worked great for me and similar products
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,314
    I was thinking more like these,
    https://www.skylanstands.com/
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,460
    edited September 2023
    Hey,

I like my LSiM, first speaker to meet the WAF. I'm not going to say they are better than any speaker but the meet the WAF and sound good. So like them or not I'm stuck with my LSiM.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,552
    WAF... WTF is that. :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus