Son's room is becoming my new home Office.

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
Hello everyone,
I helped my son with the last of his belongings today and on a side note , that sucked. I hate he moved out but I'm also happy for him and his girlfriend.

Anyway I realized I don't have any Bookshelf speakers anymore. I sold all the ones I had over the decades and after looking at the room, I see myself doing a few things.
1- putting a nice set of bookshelf speakers on stands
2- Mounting in wall or On wall speakers
3 - Being boring and putting speakers in the ceiling for back ground music

I have A few pairs of floor standers and I might start out with one of my pairs in there but I don't like it . The room is small and I think in wall on wall or bookies would be perfect.
I have a closet in the back of where my desk is going to go so I might drop a subwoofer in there to complete the cycle.
This will be a 2 channel only system.

Gear wise I might use my Rotel Intergraded with a Sonos Port, maybe a turn table I have 2 of them, maybe a CD player, not sure as It's not going to be like a good dedicated 2 channel room. I'm gonna have a desk, chair bookshelves filing cabinets , you know the typical **** you find in a tipical home Office setting.

I really want to hear the reserve series as I can see a pair of the walnut finish R200's in there. Or even the R100's. Either pair would work well.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Oh I think the room is only 10 x 14 or 12 x 14 or something like that. I'll have to measure it, it's not a big room but perfect for a single bedroom or Office. I have a pretty perfect place to place a pair of stands or on wall in wall mount on the sides of the windows. I'll have to take some pictures.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    lol That didn't take long - I know it's only been hours, but we've rented out your room.
    I jest, I jest :D

I'm a big fan of bookshelf speakers on stands, with a nice music-first sub. If you have an option of Playing with a set of R200s and giving them plenty of room, like out in the middle of the room in front of a desk, you could have fun with a near field setup.
    I disabled signatures.
  • chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    If you have an option of Playing with a set of R200s and giving them plenty of room, like out in the middle of the room in front of a desk, you could have fun with a near field setup.

9pbydra09tfy.jpg

Just gonna throw this back at you ;)
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    An obvious solution would be to put some Harbeths right on the desk.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    edited August 2023
    Options
    6moons tried out the Zu DWX's as monitors...
    https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/zu-audio-dwx/3/

@msg lol :)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears