Ordered a SVS 3000 Micro today

Options
2»

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Those will work. They are the same as the Dayton spikes at PE, except for the thread pattern.

I don't understand why so many subs come with those tiny short feet.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    dpowell wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    I highly recommend getting your sub off the ground and I recommend the Adona Multi-Element Cones to do so.

This is good advice. Getting the sub off the floor will tighten things up.

WAF may prevent taking this advice; however, Milito has one advantage to help with subwoofer placement issues, which is his use of YPAO calibration.

It seems to work very well for me in both systems with Yammy receivers. Sound is well-balanced top-to-bottom, and bass is tight, fast, punchy and deep.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • jbreezy5
    Options
    Those will work. They are the same as the Dayton spikes at PE, except for the thread pattern.

Some woofer manufacturers want their subs de-coupled but near as possible to the floor for boundary reinforcement. REL comes to mind as one that encourages corner loading for the same reason.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited July 2023
    Options
    What is "boundary reinforcement"? Curious.

But yeah, some sub manufacturers use decoupling feet, like the SVS SoundPath. I think HSU has something similar.

I do wonder whether down-firing and forward-firing, or in this case dual-side firing makes a difference in whether coupling or decoupling is best suited.

I did notice for certain that elevating a down-firing MartinLogan Abyss reduced congestion and made for increased impact, bass note separation and hang & decay.

I have hard rubber feet for that sub, but currently have it on some Sound Addicted SubCone Isolation Feet; hard flooring. These are a little squishy, but not quite like Sorbothane.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NLQZ8NV
    driiofz0fgbc.png

I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    Options
    jbreezy5 wrote: »

Some woofer manufacturers want their subs de-coupled but near as possible to the floor for boundary reinforcement. REL comes to mind as one that encourages corner loading for the same reason.

Every REL sub I've seen has what appears to be 2 inch tall legs.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jbreezy5
    Options
    @msg - boundary reinforcement simply means a speaker or subwoofer is located in closer proximity to a wall, floor, or corner.

• jbreezy5
    edited July 2023
    Options
    jbreezy5 wrote: »

Every REL sub I've seen has what appears to be 2 inch tall legs.

The feet that came with my HT1003 are approx. 1/2” height.

kg8wijdde1dk.jpeg

6m1bl7f31w2e.jpeg

• F1nut
    Options
    Yep, those are the tiny feet. Seems they went to those on their HT subs.

President of Club Polk

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    edited July 2023
    Options
    The Rel HT series doesn't use a bottom mounted passive radiator like the other models that use either rails or substantial feet. The MKII version of the HT/1003 does use larger feet but possibly more for style. The HT/1510 model has the larger feet so the subwoofers can be stacked.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Regardless, raising the sub off the floor improves the performance.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    Nice!

President of Club Polk

• sm1th5
    sm1th5 Posts: 14
    Options
    This is one sub I wouldn't touch myself. It's too small for living rooms!
    I have a pb 1000 pro myself in a tiny bedroom!

How can you let your partner have a negative impact in home theater?
    Can you ask her if she is happy to make it less good and enjoyable for you.

I hope she understands this is home theater and it's about quality audio and movie and TV show viewing.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,346
    Options
    You must be single.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    sm1th5 wrote: »

I hope she understands this is home theater and it's about quality audio and movie and TV show viewing.

Spoken like a true adolescent.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I like my SVS 3000 for music, blending in with stand mounts.
    It will be part of the downsize setup if...

I've yet to raise it up but this thread is the push I needed. Thanks!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    Options
    I am glad all my HT stuff is in the basement where she has no say, lol. I have a couple of SB 3000's for my main HT and they do HT and music extremely well. I really considered this sub, or a pair for my music only rig but decided to go with a pair if Rhythmic L12's instead. Glad you are liking it though.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Anyone on a crawl space should entertain infinite baffle... Takes up no floor space and for theater the bass is truly insane
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    sm1th5 wrote: »

What in the Roblox-playing 12 year old?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Anyone on a crawl space should entertain infinite baffle... Takes up no floor space and for theater the bass is truly insane

You might be a redneck if ….🤣

I was and forever will be a redneck, but I haven’t had a crawl space in a very long time…😢
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • VR3
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Not sure how a crawl space correlates to being a redneck but sure

I have heard many subwoofers and absolutely nothing touches an infinite baffle for theater, nothing!

It has endless output and extension with literally no distortion

Foundation shifting bass and I have maybe 1500 invested into it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Not sure how a crawl space correlates to being a redneck but sure

I have heard many subwoofers and absolutely nothing touches an infinite baffle for theater, nothing!

It has endless output and extension with literally no distortion

Foundation shifting bass and I have maybe 1500 invested into it

You know I’m just razzing you. that sounds frickin awesome and I would love to hear it! We can’t do crawl spaces in central Texas since the ground shifts too much. You end up with major foundation issues…but man it’s convenient for repairing pipers, running wires, etc
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    I'm intruiged about an infinite baffle subwoofer... My rear wall of my theatre room vents into a storage space underneath the stairs and I suppose it'd be a good spot for it. My side wall vents into another room and the ceiling too.

I might have a spare 10" driver lying around, don't think I'd want to rip apart my walls though. Where would I even start lol.
  • VR3
    Options
    Usually infinite baffle drivers have ultra long throw and heavier cones.

You also need an incredibly large space like a crawl space or an attic

My 4 x 15s in the crawl displace enough air to displace all of the air in a bedroom every time it fully extends each direction. It moves almost 2 inches each direction max excursion
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Usually infinite baffle drivers have ultra long throw and heavier cones.

You also need an incredibly large space like a crawl space or an attic

My 4 x 15s in the crawl displace enough air to displace all of the air in a bedroom every time it fully extends each direction. It moves almost 2 inches each direction max excursion

Oh... that'd literally damage the wall probably. The pressure under the stairs would be too high I know that for a fact. I guess this will be something that will wait until I have a house of my own in like a decade or so lol.

To be fair I still intend on getting some PSW1200s to match my RT3000p so I should be fine in the subwoofer department for now.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited July 2023
    Options
    A Small Subwoofer Comparison! SVS SB1000 Pro vs 3000 Micro.
    https://youtu.be/pADwLWlZfqQ
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Man, I really wanna try one of these things, Mike, just to see what they're like for myself. I just don't need anymore subs, do I, @rooftop59 @F1nut ? The answer is H-No.

@Tony M is my inspiration moving forward. If he can do it, I can do it!
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    Options
    No, you don't.

President of Club Polk

• ChrisD06
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Man, I really wanna try one of these things, Mike, just to see what they're like for myself. I just don't need anymore subs, do I, @rooftop59 @F1nut ? The answer is H-No.

@Tony M is my inspiration moving forward. If he can do it, I can do it!

There is no such thing as not needing more subs. You ALWAYS need more subs.

Sincerely, a bass addict.