Ordered a SVS 3000 Micro today

Options
Milito
Milito Posts: 1,914
Since I got my L600's I really don't have room for a standard size sub so I ordered the above. I hope it will have enough output for our open concept room. I'll let everyone know what I think of it after I receive it and get some hours on it.
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    Options
    It's very well reviewed, I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I just recently added two REL T/5x subs. Each has an 8" down-firing driver. They fill my mostly open basement quite nicely. I'll be surprised if that unit doesn't get the job done for you. Look forward to hearing about it.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Open rooms are very hard to get bass right. Especially with just 1 woofer. You can however make 1 seat good and the rest not so good so don't expect to sit in different places and get the same results. Once you dial in this sub, down the road you want to add another one.

The 3000 is supposed to be a great little performer, I have no experience with it just want I read and watched on it.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    They're small enough to get two for most rooms. B)
  • Milito
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I'm going to put it on the left side of my left speaker as that's the only place I can put a sub. Not enough room on the right side and the wife wouldn't go for that. It's our main room and it's taken me awhile to talk her into letting me get one and she only agreed because it's small. If it doesn't work good I'll send it back.

0huo6dcuozyf.jpg
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    I'm going to put it on the left side of my left speaker as that's the only place I can put a sub. Not enough room on the right side and the wife wouldn't go for that. It's our main room and it's taken me awhile to talk her into letting me get one and she only agreed because it's small. If it doesn't work good I'll send it back.

0huo6dcuozyf.jpg

That MF integrated appears to be putting some strain on the shelf. Might be worth considering reinforcing it with a metal support bracket. Should just require some screws.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Milito
    Options
    Yes I need to do something about that. Thanks.
  • chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    Options
    How do you like the L600s?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    The Musical Fidelity is a beast, do you ru yours in Home theater Bypass? Thats how I run mine
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options

0huo6dcuozyf.jpg

Yeah, WAF does crimp on the HT setup, good luck
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    Congrats on the purchase! Keep us posted on how it performs.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Yes I need to do something about that. Thanks.
    A piece of MDF should sort that.

Does the Micro have the DSP, Room Correction and app control or remote control?

These types of features were game changers for me where subs are concerned.

I'm good with a set crossover point, but having volume control makes a huge difference in the listening experience, especially if streaming and regularly changing artists, albums, or genres.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Milito
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • Emlyn
    Options
    Right, line level plus LFE inputs and the full DSP app make it very flexible for two channel or home theater. No speaker level inputs but that's not that subwoofer's purpose. Should fill out the bottom end nicely from the corner and different configurations can be set for music and home theater if desired.
  • Milito
    Options
    chrispyfur wrote: »
    How do you like the L600s?

Myself and some others here have purchased them. Use the search function to find the reviews.
    I like them.
  • msg
    Options

Wow, that looks great!
    Did you get it yet?
    The answer is yes.

Now where is the first impression post?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    It's been nearly an hour with no response to my last. I'm now convinced that @Milito Mike was just making all this up just to get attention.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Came for pics... Leaving disappointed
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
  • Milito
    Options
    Got it in late today, but had plans for the night. I will hook it up tomorrow and post some pics.
  • msg
    Options
    Nice! Curious to hear how it goes a you get settled with it. I really like these little subs.

I was finally able to find a Sunfire True Sub Super Junior a couple of years ago. Similar form factor as your SVS, but the Sunfire is active/passive, not dual driver, and I've not found them to work all that well in larger spaces, unlike how SVS advertises the Micro. For SoHo, the Sunfire pairs really well with Audioengine HD3s. I have it sitting on a small IsoAcoustics stand.

I've been curious about this SVS Micro since first saw mentioned here. It sure looks great on the site, and I'm completely sold on remote control and DSP and/or autocal tools for subs. Remote control is a game changer for the listening experience.

So, do you have your Musical Fidelity set up in HT Bypass? And the sub is connected through the Yamaha, I presume?

When you play music, is it through the MF, or through the Yamaha?

I was surprised to learn that the HK 990 integrated I currently use supports sub output from the 990 while in HT Bypass. I have a music-first sub connected to the HK, and an earlier HSU VTF-15 connected to the Parasound C2 processor. When I'm in TV mode, I disable the sub on the HK. When I'm listening to music, I enable it, and the crossover's set at 55Hz with the Wharfedale Lintons I'm running right now. It's a pleasing combination, and I was surprised to be able to run at a lower crossover point, but it's pretty clean.

Do you plan on trying to run the sub directly with the MF at all, for the benefit of the MF front end and sub?

I disabled signatures.
  • Emlyn
    Options
  • Milito
    Options
    I have the Musical Fidelity set up in HT Bypass and the sub is connected through the Yamaha.

I listen to music on my Flac USB stick with the Yamaha and listen to vinyl and streaming thru the MF.

Will probably keep it setup the way I have it now.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    I highly recommend getting your sub off the ground and I recommend the Adona Multi-Element Cones to do so.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited July 2023
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I highly recommend getting your sub off the ground and I recommend the Adona Multi-Element Cones to do so.

This is good advice. Getting the sub off the floor will tighten things up.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Came back for pics, not disappointed!

Looks great! Congrats!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Milito
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Thanks, I was going to look into getting some spikes in the future for the sub.

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I can't see the sub. Why is the pot in the way? :p
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I’m glad she didn’t want the pot ON the sub.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM