Keeping it Polk

Options
Looking for some experienced feedback. For stereo, what would or could best the LSiM703 and 707 for 2ch in the Polk line up? Thank you in advance.
Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,035
    Options
    Vintage SDA's CRS+, 2B, 2.3TL, 1.2TL ETC.

Legend Series.

Even Monitor 7-10's over the 703's IMO..

With that said I am very fond of the LSiM line, my only complaint is Polk came out with the line as their TOTL, and just did away with it, with no supplies to service them if needed.

If they do the same with the L, and R series I would be done with purchasing any new products from them. I don't expect them to keep parts forever but at least 3 years, maybe even 5, especially for their TOTL speakers..

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,417
    Options
    I prefer the LSiM703s on good stands for two channel. Subwoofer optional. The LSiM707s, at least to my ears, had some issues with seamless integration between the top of the speakers and the bass section and still benefit from using a subwoofer anyway. Good home theater speakers though. I'm still using my pair as rear surrounds.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,240
    Options
    I'm with Larry

Lsim series is not a good long term purchase for a daily rig
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,800
    Options
    Polk will never keep parts to service anything like they did when owned by the original group owners. At this point in time and forward 5yrs will most likely be the max, when they decide to start that 5yrs is anyones guess.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,178
    Options
    I appreciate the feedback so far. Anyone have any ears on the L600? Able to comment on it for stereo?
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options

• Emlyn
    Options
    I'd prefer the L600s over the LSiM703 or L200s. The L200s are smaller than the LSiM703s.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    The L600 looks and sounds good on paper as a step up from the 707's. I'm kinda sniffin over at the B&W camp. Anyone heard the 702 S3's?

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,561
    Options
    You couldn't pay me to listen to them. Congested, unrevealing, lackluster and severely lacking any impact whatsoever. To me they are a bottom line speaker at top tier prices.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I know those who rave about B & W and those who you couldn't give them to. I'm firmly in the camp of all but one pair I could NEVER own. That one pair was a older pair the @oldrocker (RIP) owned and they flat out surprised the fook out of me. I wish many other B&W speakers had their sound signature
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,001
    Options
    The LSiM707s, at least to my ears, had some issues with seamless integration between the top of the speakers and the bass section
    ^This^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Geoff4rfc
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The LSiM707s, at least to my ears, had some issues with seamless integration between the top of the speakers and the bass section
    ^This^

Jesse, I'm looking to upgrade "from" the 707's, withing the Polk line, and not the L800, any ideas?

• Geoff4rfc
    Options
    And hopefully my quest is obvious since I posted in 2ch, but just in case, these would be primarily for stereo. Thanks again.

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,927
    Options
    The tweeter is much better in the L600's, just a better overall speaker. I had LSiM 705's for 2-3 years.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You couldn't pay me to listen to them. Congested, unrevealing, lackluster and severely lacking any impact whatsoever. To me they are a bottom line speaker at top tier prices.

Tom

Don't sugarcoat it amigo...tell me how you REALLY feel :D

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,001
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    ^This^

Jesse, I'm looking to upgrade "from" the 707's, withing the Polk line, and not the L800, any ideas?

I've only listened to the L800, L200 and L100, so I can't really help with the other models.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,148
    Options
    I have more experience with the LSiM series than any other series from Polk. I own the L600's along with the L900 Atmos modules, L100's and the L400 center.

The way out perform the LSiM series for both HT and music. The 707's were the weakest link in series.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Options

Tom

He LOVES them ❤️❤️❤️
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,731
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Tom

He LOVES them ❤️❤️❤️

But are they throwable. That is the question.
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,561
    Options
    Hey now....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Tom

He LOVES them ❤️❤️❤️

But are they throwable. That is the question.

I think Tylers hold the record for flight time. They could have done better if the had the optional booster rocket package.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,986
    Options
    I had the LSiM 703s awhile ago and now have L200s for music. The L200's are much better sounding speakers. FWIW I have been considering going L600s...
  • msg
    Options
    Kev, curious, what would you be looking to gain with the L600s? And are you using a sub with your L200s?

I'm always curious about this move, because it doesn't work as well in my main space as does large-ish bookshelf speakers and a music-first sub.

In this space, floorstanders just seem to muddy things up, but I have a bass suckout, and my listening seat is in a null, so the bookshelf/sub combo is much more tuning-flexible and cleaner.
    I disabled signatures.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,063
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I temporarily had a demo pair of LSiM 707s. I never could get them to open up. Tried them in 2 different rooms on different amps. Things improved a bit in the second room but not enough to convince me to let go of SDAs. With the 707s it sounded like I was listening to constipated music. To be fair, it could be they just needed more time or they were very finicky on setup or room configuration.

+1 on @Toolfan66 's recommendations. Even my Monitor 4s and 5s sound better than that pair of 707s. That said, i have no complaints with the LSiM706c but a center isnt what youre looking for.🙂

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • msg
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Even Monitor 7-10's over the 703's IMO..
    jf48aub2mu6l.gifk5zn3ji32oeb.gifilk7wiersakc.gifa6tvwm6v2ri4.gifmi3wcctxf9ve.gif

I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,986
    Options
    Kev, curious, what would you be looking to gain with the L600s? And are you using a sub with your L200s?

I'm always curious about this move, because it doesn't work as well in my main space as does large-ish bookshelf speakers and a music-first sub.

In this space, floorstanders just seem to muddy things up, but I have a bass suckout, and my listening seat is in a null, so the bookshelf/sub combo is much more tuning-flexible and cleaner.

Well I never invested in a proper/any sub. The L200s seem to hold their own in the bass department for bookies. How large is your space?
  • msg
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Ah man, I forget. It's sort of a T shape of sorts, opening into kitchen on one side, then sitting space and hall on the other. Not a rectangle, though. The issue is more about the listening position in my space. I had it oriented 90° CW years and years ago, but it blocked the main window. Sounded better that way, though.

I thought you had a REL sub at one point?

But so, I was saying, what has you thinking about going for L600s?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options

I thought you had a REL sub at one point?

But so, I was saying, what has you thinking about going for L600s?

No sir, I have a pair of Epik Empires.

Well, I'm wanting to upgrade my 2ch system and hoping to locate something more revealing than the A9's, which actually perform very well in my set up for 2ch (right @ken brydson ? )

The L600's caught my eye however......now considering the Focal Kanta which will be in my local AV store here in the not too distant future. I'll be able to get an ear on them but man, I'd really like to hear the L600's as well......

• Emlyn
    Options
    I'd definitely recommend trying to hear both the Kanta and L600. They may be closer in sound quality than one might think based on price.