Today is Polk Day: Let's see your set ups (Plus a killer deal)

Options

Comments

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Holy flippin doodle good buddy….
    Fleeing a tad inadequate to post my Polk’s.
    That’s some sweet shite right there.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,915
    Options
    Looks great!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    That is a great looking set up Todd!!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    My latest setup. Not sure I qualify for this thread since I don't have any Polk products at this time but many of you know my journey and that SDA's served me well for a long period of time. This was an early picture after the new speakers were installed so wiring cleanup is needed.

nv19e648uc6l.jpg

Primo Setup Todd B) Looks like you've been hangin with Skip :D
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,670
    Options
    My latest setup. Not sure I qualify for this thread since I don't have any Polk products at this time but many of you know my journey and that SDA's served me well for a long period of time. This was an early picture after the new speakers were installed so wiring cleanup is needed.

nv19e648uc6l.jpg

Yeah Mike. Skip has not been a good influence over the last year. 😎
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,097
    Options

nv19e648uc6l.jpg

Yeah Mike. Skip has not been a good influence over the last year. 😎

Says your wallet, but I bet your ears disagree😁
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,633
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    It would be very hard to part with those....
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,057
    Options
    I cant imagine ever parting with them.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • PolkFam
    PolkFam Posts: 6
    Options
    Not the best photo but here ya go...
    nhxmgfcyetkl.jpg
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Polk L200 setup in my upstairs loft :)
    Love it 😊

nz5qfar0e2bt.jpeg
  • skipshot12
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    jpgelj4xp7g8.png
    9hikemk2ab9r.jpg

Ooooooph......... very very nice.
    What Krell is that KSA?
    Sold my 250 about 3 years ago.

I'll wager you have no need for additional bass with the Krell 😬
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,292
    Options
    It's a krell ksa 300s, I'm getting ready to send it in for a recap. It has awesome bass, but I didn't like the high end until I bought a tube preamp, then everything came together.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    Beefy solid state amp with a quality tube pre is the sizzle manizzle!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,227
    Options
    I've been through many Polks through the years. A few vintage Monitor (5, 7), RTA11T, SDA1C, some 2000's era RT series (still have two pairs of RT25i), chased a bunch more. Settled on some other brands for my main 2-channel and my home theater, but the Reserve series has impressed me and has a solid home on my main floor TV system.

ih7zlpn4s69q.jpg
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    PolkFam wrote: »
    Not the best photo but here ya go...
    nhxmgfcyetkl.jpg

Have you tried raising the center up off the top say 4" or so and moving it out closer to the front?
    I can tell it sure made a difference on mine to sit it on hockey pucks and to the front edge of my stand. My center is an RTiA6.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    Agreed, getting the center up high and at the front edge makes a noticeable improvement.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,730
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Agreed, getting the center up high and at the front edge makes a noticeable improvement.

Did you get your Soundbar yet?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,418
    Options
    Knock it off....

It appears as if Polk did not get the feedback they needed with the past "questionnaires".

Situation normal, nothing has changed. (unless you have something brewing I am not aware of).

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,057
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing an update on the #PolkLove new website design part of this thread.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    edited July 2023
    Options

Just a few of my lowly Technics 1210.

j9f28fqbccyb.jpg

i0z3hqkv8v5i.jpg

bpse8at8k8er.jpg

wuy63l6u1ohk.jpg

x0nf76jvh4nm.jpg

22vun9vw8hip.jpg
  • skipshot12
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    It's a krell ksa 300s, I'm getting ready to send it in for a recap. It has awesome bass, but I didn't like the high end until I bought a tube preamp, then everything came together.

Very good idea to do that with Krell. Once done it’ll be fine for the next 20 years.

My KSA-250 ended being sold for parts.
    Dad gum soft start board went **** up. Try to find one of those board’s nowadays.
    What a shame, damn shame as it was in perfect physical condition.
    Waited way too long to have it serviced and I payed the price.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    My latest setup.

e8ciwa1s7fx4.gif

afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,670
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    My latest setup.

e8ciwa1s7fx4.gif

Thanks @Nightfall. Glad to see you around.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I want the top half of those so bad it's just a little too much out of my price range by the time I save up that much money some expensive bill will pop up.

That is not in any way an admission to disappointment in my Pienzas but who doesn't always want something better
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk