Amp - B&K 125.2
    Sub - SVS 22-31 PCi
    CDP - Onix XCD-88
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Thanks HT.... looks like everyone gets a gold star today:)

btw The wife and I will also be transporting a piano next weekend, so it looks like a Uhaul is in my future.

Sounds good; let me know in advance when you plan to come; Friday evening would be ok; Saturday we have something at night so it would need to be early. Sunday I need to check soccer schedule.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Thanks HT.... looks like everyone gets a gold star today:)

btw The wife and I will also be transporting a piano next weekend, so it looks like a Uhaul is in my future.

While you have the Uhaul, let me know when you are in the Delaware area I would love to hear a live piano performance.:D
  • mulveling
    mulveling Posts: 505
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Put a bit more thought into my dream system, added prices, and uploaded pics. A common theme is that (in most cases) I started with affordable components I've owned that have struck me as aesthetically elegant, tonally warm, liquid mids, extremely musical, great dynamics, and still detailed enough for hifi - I hate an anayltical sound, cold sound, hard mids, etc. Then I chose the top-of-the-line offerings from these same manufacturers for my dream system :D
    I'm not too interested in the uber-esoteric stuff yet. At least that way I can dream about owning my dream system in 10 years or so :p

A bit more on my philosphy - I like to match system components that share a similar sound - in this case my preferred smoothness, warm, dynamics, and euphonic qualities. This way the component's similar strengths reinforce and enhance each other, taking the whole system to the next level. Trying to maintain a balancing act (ie: a warm component to counter a cold one, musical speakers for an analytical amp, etc) - has never tickled my buttons in the past.

This has got to be the best system I've never heard :p:D

Tannoy Dimension TD10 (or TD12):
    About $8000 a pair for the TD10 or $10K for TD12. I love the look and sound quality of the Eyris DC series ($2800/pr for the DC3) - very musical. If the Dimension series expands upon this as the price (and cosmetics) indicate, then for my tastes they'll be just about unparalleled. Gotta love the dual-concentric driver and supertweet. For a smaller room I'd take the TD8 at around $7000/pr.

Sugden Masterclass AA Power Amplifier:
    For the balanced monoblocks, about $12K/pr. For a scaled down dream system I'd take the stereo version for about $6K. Basing this selection on how gorgeous the chassis is (:D) and how great their $1K Sugden Headmaster (headamp & remote controlled preamp) sounds - it's as musical as I've heard from Solid State, and I'd prefer my poweramp be SS to avoid the big power tubes.

For a more scaled down system I'd take the PS Audio GCA-250 - based on how kickass its predecessor, the HCA-2, sounds for the money.

Singlepower Supra SDS-XLR tube headphone amp as preamp:
    The pictured unit is a $20K balanced headphone amp. Headphone amps are just like preamps except with higher gain and more current drive capabilities. This is the best headphone amp in the world, and consequentially, an amazing preamp. I've actually heard the one pictured. It's crazy. I'm fortunate enough to own a single-ended Supra SDS - it's about 95% of the SDS-XLR, and I paid only $1500 used, so 20K is kinda extravagant. For a more scaled down system I'd choose a second single-ended Supra with preamp outs, remote control, etc, at around $4K. I could get any of these amps in silver to match the Sugden.

Digital Souce: Meridian 588
    As mentioned before, I'm not too picky on source. Just give me a warm and smooth standalone. I've owned the G08 and honestly I can't tell any difference from the 588 I've auditioned - so the 588 is a good enough dream source for me.

Cables:
    Homegrown Audio Silver Lace is plenty good enough for me. And it's pretty.

Power:
    A PS Audio P500 should do the trick.

Pics below from L to R:
    Tannoy Dimension, Sugden MasterClass, PS Audio GCA, Singlepower SDS-XLR, me thinking of making a break for it :p
    Tannoy Dimension TD10, SOTA Star Sapphire, Heathkit W4A's, McIntosh MC2100, Eddie-Current Zana Deux, Singlepower SDS, Sennheiser HD650, Audio-Technica L3000, Sony Qualia 010
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,346
    Options
    Holy necro thread bump Batman!

*runs away with blinding speed, leaving a dust trail in wake*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    vncjjh022xea.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Holy necro thread bump Batman!

*runs away with blinding speed, leaving a dust trail in wake*

Tom

I was thinking something similar. This thread is older than I am in terms of joining CP. I didn't arrive until 2008 IIRC.

"necro thread bump" LMBO! :D
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    Bump or not, I would prefer a dream room for what I have, I believe that would make they biggest move forward for me.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    I agree, I would also like to have a better room for my system.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    A much larger room where I did a better job of insulating the ceiling above because there was less ductwork in the way.
    Systemwise-a complete BAT or Rogue tube based pre and amp....or TOTL Luxman or Pass integrated.
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    I'd love a larger room with 9.4.6 and 2 sofas. Some noise isolation in the floor, ceiling, and walls would be great so I don't piss off my neighbors TOO bad.

Also @kevhed72 that profile photo reminds me of my new years eve...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
    Top of the line Dan D’Agostino gear and Legacy speakers with a great room for it.
    I wouldn't kick the top Rosso Fiorentino Florentia out either....

Legacy audio is an hour away from my home, its nice knowing the top dog Bill D.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    I’m with Larry.....I’m ok on gear. I’d love to have a larger dedicated listening room.

Holy grail stuff?

Something like the Infinity IRS V’s/Genesis speaker systems.....a little farther up the turntable chain perhaps but am pretty good as is.

I can think of some records I’d like to have though...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    Holy grail stuff?

I can think of some records I’d like to have though...

^^^^^^this
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Top of the line Dan D’Agostino gear and Legacy speakers with a great room for it.
    I wouldn't kick the top Rosso Fiorentino Florentia out either....

Legacy audio is an hour away from my home, its nice knowing the top dog Bill D.

I visited Legacy Audio a while ago. Bill D is a great guy. He came to the listening room and hung out and chatted with me and explained some of his designs to me. Really down to earth.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.